• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

tough decision

  • Thread starter Thread starter tjmaxx
  • Start date Start date May 12, 2006
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

tjmaxx

Member
Jun 21, 2004
157
3
19
May 14, 2006
#21
  • May 14, 2006
  • #21
Yea I think I need to go look at the 5.0 again. I was disapointed it wasnt a notch and left pretty quick, but now that I think back, it was in about the best shape I have seen a fox for sale. There are 2 other guys interested in the 01 so it will probably be gone before I can have the money to get it.
 
0

01Steeda

New Member
May 29, 2005
732
0
0
Baton Rouge, LA
May 14, 2006
#22
  • May 14, 2006
  • #22
I love My 01' with that said I will be looking for a fox for my true race car.


I really love the look of the fox bodies, but for a weekend cruiser with some power the 01 is the way to go. I will be getting a fox as a second car, so I stop breaking crap on my steeda lol.

can u say 408 Turbo???
 

tjmaxx

Member
Jun 21, 2004
157
3
19
May 14, 2006
#23
  • May 14, 2006
  • #23
You should send me pics of them both when you get a fox. I thik it would be cool to have the 01 because I will be the only one of my friends to have a newer stang they all have 5.0's and GTO's, but on the other hand if I get the 5.0 We can work on them together. The only thing that makes me want the 5.0 so bad is because I can pay it off in full right away and use the rest for modding but with the 01 I have to pay my mom back the remainder of the money.
 

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
1,865
24
58
May 14, 2006
#24
  • May 14, 2006
  • #24
Make sure you REALLY want the 5.0 before you buy it. You would be starting off with the slowest model available, an automatic convertable... it would take some work to get it even quick.

It may be worth holding out for a little while, I know I had to wait a year and a half or more before I got my GT.
 

PULMEOVR

I need a bigger E-Penis.
Sep 29, 2003
560
0
27
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
May 14, 2006
#25
  • May 14, 2006
  • #25
I vote for the newer car, the '01 GT. It is quicker than the 5.0, and is more refined. Don't get discouraged! I am 21, and it took me three years of saving before I purchased my GT coupe (which I love).


Matt
 

tjmaxx

Member
Jun 21, 2004
157
3
19
May 15, 2006
#26
  • May 15, 2006
  • #26
Yea If I get the 5.0 I will be making it a sleeper that way it will look and sound stock but hopefully surprise a few cars. If I get the 01 it will already be loud so I wont try to make a sleeper.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

K
Engine rebuild in connecticut
  • Kngtmare
  • Aug 30, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
111
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
Potomus Pete
I
I'm gonna have so many questions (but I know how to search)
  • ironhorsewayne
  • Jun 7, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
5
Views
280
The Welcome Wagon Jun 8, 2026
Noobz347
Old guy new to Forum.
  • 08shelby GT500
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
211
The Welcome Wagon Jun 15, 2026
LILCBRA
C
Help with manual conversion
  • CPH89LX
  • Aug 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
20
Views
481
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 27, 2026
2000xp8
S
Car shakes when taking off help???
  • STANKYstangs
  • May 10, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
445
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 27, 2026
LILCBRA
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?