Traction And Wheels

BlackBuggy

Aug 6, 2011
Indiana
What street-legal rims and tires are you guys using that are giving you a dead hook?

I want to replace the stock GT Premium 19"s with 19"s that give me clearance to install Brembo brakes up front. What are you guys using? I can't get dead hooks for :poo: in this thing since I have upgraded everything. I don't want to get wider rims for normal driving and find out it doesn't help enough if I could have just got some drag slicks and rims for tracking.

• Sponsors (?)

I upgraded to 20" wheels for the look, and they really don't weigh too much more than 19's. That being said tires are generally cheaper with 20" wheels instead of 19" because 20 is more common, there is also more brands and tire sizes to choose from when you're getting wide. I went with a 305/30zr20 Nitto Nt05 in the rear. She hooks perfect now. However they are 400+ a piece for those rear tires. You pay to play when you go wide in the rear. I'm not sure how much power you are making, I'm at 426 rwp in my '11 5.0 and those 305's are perfect. You would be looking at a rim thats atleast 10.5 inches wide to run that width. However you could probably get a nice sticky tire like an nt05 in a 275, and with warm weather and a clear road you should launch just fine. I switched to the wide rear because i was like you.. sick of not hooking for s*** with the stock 255's. The 3.73 gears also help those tires spin easily.