Traction Master 1966 Shelby Style Traction Bars?

• Sponsors (?)

Gosh, it sure seems we're working on creating the same suspension setup. I've got underriders on my Mach. Here's a pic:
attachment.php

I can't make any real comments on performance since I've barely driven the car since installing them, basically only about 20 miles total. I chose them because I liked the potential traction benefits and resistance to axle lift on braking.

BTW, here's a list of stuff I've done if you are considering any of it too. Let me know if you've got any questions.

Promotorsports negative wedge kit
Addco sway bars (1" front, 3/4" rear)
PST polygraphite bushings (lower control arm, strut rod, spring perch, sway bar)
NPD 5 leaf mideye rear springs
NPD heavy duty urethane shackle kit
Underrider bars
Global West subframe connectors

Hope it helps... :shrug:

I don't see any reason they shouldn't work with lowering blocks, but just remember to think about clearing speed bumps and manhole covers.

As for a Panhard rod, I've thought about it, and sort of still have it in my plans, but I really want to put some miles on the car before deciding. Between the urethane shackles and rear sway bar, I'm just not sure I'll need help with lateral location. :shrug:

Underrides

I put them on my old 68 years ago, replacing "slapper" bars.

Difference was night and day. The slappers would allow some spring wrap, and they would raise the whole car up when accelerating. The underrides just planted the back end, allowed no wheel-spin, and pulled the nose up when taking off. Basically turned the rear suspension into a parallel set-up. I worked so good, it actually broke one of the forward bar mounts, so I had to re-weld it, and add reinforcement.

On the braking side, I did not notice much change, but I would guess they would also prevent the rear from rising.

And besides, they look cooler than slapper bars too!!! :banana:

DarkBuddha said:
As for a Panhard rod, I've thought about it, and sort of still have it in my plans, but I really want to put some miles on the car before deciding. Between the urethane shackles and rear sway bar, I'm just not sure I'll need help with lateral location. :shrug:

Keep in mind that the under riders also prevent lateral movement. The ends are fixed so there is very little side to side movement.

I had the Traction Masters on a previous stang, but with my current '66 I went with the Slide-Link action bars from Competition Engineering. They work 10 times better and are adjustable for street or strip use. I got them from Summit...

My buddy just added them to his '70 is real happy with them also.