Tranny is toast

guess im gonna have to hijack this topic 2.
Ok, I think I am having the same problem with mustangman70, only my tranny gears arnt grinding. If I havent driven the stang in 6 days or more I will warm up the engine for about 4 min, then it will switch into reverse or drive and go about 20 feet before the clutch lets go and my engine is still running, but hardly moving. ususally after reving the engine a couple times, switching to neutral then back to drive, or shutting off the car will put the tranny back in drive(after starting her again). Not sure if its because the clutch is cold or even old(engine was replaced 2 years ago, not sure if the PO changed the clutch out).

• Sponsors (?)

Also keep in mind, this has been my daily driver since i was 16 and im 20 now......I cant complain...its the best first car i could have EVER asked for....but it needs so much work, hell im still on all drums

302 bored .030
Holley 650 double pumper
Edelbrock RPM air-~gap intake
Edelbrock RPM nitrous kit
MSD pro billit dist.
MSD 6T and blaster 2 coil
HOOKER headers
2 1/2 inch pipe
flowtech cutouts
2 chamber flowmasters with dumps
3 core radiater
Edelbrock victor series water pump
160 degree stat
KYB shocks (all 4)
lakewood traction bars
powermaster 1 wire alt.
K&N

Bunch of bucks on go fast and still on drums for controlling it, ah to be young again!

Well... i would have loved to have done a disk brake swap years ago....but dammit i had a two barel carb and a old tired 289 hahahahahaha

I will probbly be taking the stang off of the insurance for a while :(... i dont want to....for 4 years i have drove this car to orlando a TON of times...drove it to school etc... EVERYONE knows me by this car and EVERY where i go all i get are good comments even though it has some cancer spots.......but it needs work so off it goes... i have a beretta for a beater...and i have the kawasaki (ZX11 ninja) to hold me over for a while

Heres some pics of the beast.... ima miss not driving it and i know its going to take a while :(

Oh and also.... im going to do AS MUCH of the body work that i can myself

9322.jpg

16883.jpeg

22737.jpeg

25202.jpeg

25203.jpeg

mmmmm0003.jpg

my_pictures0011.jpg

my_pictures0003.jpg

my_pictures0009.jpg

my_pictures0012.jpg

my_pictures0007.jpg

my_pictures0002.jpg

I can see your attachment to the car. Since you'll be a bodyman in training, head on over to http://www.autobodystore.com go to the classroom section. Read the basics of basics section by Martin Senour, then join the discussion group. Friendly people, good advice, and reasonable prices on the supplies you will need.
I totally dropped insurance when I was redoing a car. That was a really bad decision. Go to my web site in my signature then select disaster mustang for the page. Not having insurance was one of the stupid things I did in my youth. I think I was 51 at the time. rlol.