• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

SN95 Trans Thoughts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ry94stang50
  • Start date Start date Sep 21, 2013
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
First Prev 3 of 3

Mintsick

10 Year Member
Jan 6, 2007
589
39
68
West Lafayette, IN
Sep 24, 2013
#41
  • Sep 24, 2013
  • #41
I'm interested in knowing what's the point of a "'built 347" with ~400rwhp if you intend on babying it all the time? If you are truly going to baby it constantly I'd not waste anymore money and toss the T5 behind it as is...
 

ry94stang50

Member
Jun 21, 2013
427
12
19
Brick, NJ
Sep 24, 2013
#42
  • Sep 24, 2013
  • #42
I want a 347 because I want one that's all. Lol it needs a new motor and I want power that's respectable. I just want it.
 

hoopty5.0

mechanicus terribilis
15 Year Member
Dec 14, 2010
7,813
6,968
214
SW Houston
Sep 24, 2013
#43
  • Sep 24, 2013
  • #43
FastDriver said:
That's the old TKO. Had the same internals and gears as the 3550 and the 26 spline input.
Click to expand...
Ahh I see. I knew there was a distinction, but wasn't exactly sure.
 

FastDriver

I was uncomfortably high & wearing a helmet
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
6,149
2,784
224
Vass, NC
Sep 24, 2013
#44
  • Sep 24, 2013
  • #44
ry94stang50 said:
I was going to go with the base tfs kit but Ive been researching and I def want bigger heads and a more aggressive cam I was thinking AFR 185s or a tad bigger. What about the afr205s are they streetable or is it going to be too much?
Click to expand...
I don't blame you for checking up on the info I gave you already and hearing it from multiple sources. I have AFR 205s on my 331, and there is no issue on the street. Just cam it right. You won't need a big one.
 
Reactions: ry94stang50 and A5literMan

84Ttop

They make new pistons every day, so why worry?
5 Year Member
Jul 2, 2009
5,222
3,254
204
South Jersey
Sep 24, 2013
#45
  • Sep 24, 2013
  • #45
FastDriver said:
You won't need a big one.
Click to expand...

That is NOT what she said...
 
Reactions: FastDriver and RacEoHolic330

ry94stang50

Member
Jun 21, 2013
427
12
19
Brick, NJ
Sep 24, 2013
#46
  • Sep 24, 2013
  • #46
FastDriver said:
I don't blame you for checking up on the info I gave you already and hearing it from multiple sources. I have AFR 205s on my 331, and there is no issue on the street. Just cam it right. You won't need a big one.
Click to expand...
Im prob goung to go with the setup you were talking about. Sucks the 205s are so expensive I looked into the afr205s and they were over 2 grand. Is it worth the extra buck over the 185s?
 
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2013

FastDriver

I was uncomfortably high & wearing a helmet
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
6,149
2,784
224
Vass, NC
Sep 24, 2013
#47
  • Sep 24, 2013
  • #47
I couldn't tell you that. I only told you the way I would build a 347 if I built another one. I've had AFR165s, and 205s, but not 185s. Is an AFR205 too much head on a 347? Absolutely not.
 

ry94stang50

Member
Jun 21, 2013
427
12
19
Brick, NJ
Sep 24, 2013
#48
  • Sep 24, 2013
  • #48
Never enough head....
 
Reactions: A5literMan and FastDriver

FastDriver

I was uncomfortably high & wearing a helmet
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
6,149
2,784
224
Vass, NC
Sep 24, 2013
#49
  • Sep 24, 2013
  • #49
 

84Ttop

They make new pistons every day, so why worry?
5 Year Member
Jul 2, 2009
5,222
3,254
204
South Jersey
Sep 25, 2013
#50
  • Sep 25, 2013
  • #50
Everybody has jokes @
 

madspeed

Colonel Mustard
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
8,913
1,332
204
a van down by the river
Sep 25, 2013
#51
  • Sep 25, 2013
  • #51
need more head
 

A5literMan

At least it is lumpy...
5 Year Member
Jul 30, 2011
4,674
2,343
194
Illinois
Sep 25, 2013
#52
  • Sep 25, 2013
  • #52
ry94stang50 said:
Im prob goung to go with the setup you were talking about. Sucks the 205s are so expensive I looked into the afr205s and they were over 2 grand. Is it worth the extra buck over the 185s?
Click to expand...
I'd check out the new TFS heads. 190cc or 205cc and they look like they flow some big numbers.
 

FastDriver

I was uncomfortably high & wearing a helmet
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
6,149
2,784
224
Vass, NC
Sep 25, 2013
#53
  • Sep 25, 2013
  • #53
Equally good IMO.
 

84Ttop

They make new pistons every day, so why worry?
5 Year Member
Jul 2, 2009
5,222
3,254
204
South Jersey
Sep 25, 2013
#54
  • Sep 25, 2013
  • #54
TFS for the win!! I just love them!
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
First Prev 3 of 3
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
C4 trans help needed
  • CPH89LX
  • Apr 26, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
306
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 28, 2026
CPH89LX
C
3.08 gears with a manual trans
  • limp
  • Aug 27, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
43
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Qtrhrse23
W
Speedometer and shifting issues
  • wyatt-tetro891
  • Aug 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
218
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
wyatt-tetro891
W
C
Trans issues.
  • ChrisCruz1972
  • Aug 13, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
433
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 8, 2026
slow84lx
S
N
Vibration after new clutch
  • nipple_looker
  • Sep 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
480
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 26, 2026
fasterthangas
F
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?