transmission shop needs your help i think

Dec 5, 2006
hey guys , well right now i got a wc t5 tranny in the shop,it went in tuesday and is still there, it got done a double hook quad and fwa, steel throwout bearing and a beefed up clutch fork and new cable from ford motor sports, Just before all this i got a new clutch installed from this shop and all went good till it started to slip abit so i was reading here on how to adjust and i did pull up the pedal and that did solve the problem but it started to squeal, so i took it back to the shop and they said it will be fixed scince it had a 20k warrenty on it, then i asked if he could put in the stealthrow out bearing retainer and fork in while he had the t5 out and he agreed, Then i get a phone call up saying that he needs an endplay shim for it , sooo i go out a get that piece for him , no problem, now its been 3 days and hes having no luck, i have been told that hes having a hell of a time getting it into gear and reverse is a just as worst , he told me that hes been trying to set up the fwA and nothingt , my question is could he have missed somthing , it cant be that hard for a reputible transmission shop to not beable to make my car hook up. Im starting to get abit worried. garry

• Sponsors (?)

I dont know if im reading you right dude. U said " i pulled up on clutch". That wont do anything for u if u installed a aftermarket quadrant. Second. It does sound like your clutch isnt disengaging because of ur firewall or quadrant. Your quadrant should have TWO hooks on it. Im thinking that the guy put the cable on the WRONG hook. If u do this, most likely it is too loose. This is stuff you can do on your own. Slack out the firewall adjuster and switch hooks, then readjust it. The problem should be solved. You should have some freeplay ( floppiness in clutch pedal) but only about 3/8 of an inch. anything more might make your clutch not disengage from flywheel.

I dont know if im reading you right dude. U said " i pulled up on clutch". That wont do anything for u if u installed a aftermarket quadrant. Second. It does sound like your clutch isnt disengaging because of ur firewall or quadrant. Your quadrant should have TWO hooks on it. Im thinking that the guy put the cable on the WRONG hook. If u do this, most likely it is too loose. This is stuff you can do on your own. Slack out the firewall adjuster and switch hooks, then readjust it. The problem should be solved. You should have some freeplay ( floppiness in clutch pedal) but only about 3/8 of an inch. anything more might make your clutch not disengage from flywheel.
Sry 1st i had the new clutch installed with the origonal quad in there and it was slipping then i pulled up and it grabbed good but i got a sqeel from the tob so i took it back and he was going to fix it but i asked him to put the fwa and steel tob retainer, fork in with the quad, now hes having a hard time adjusting it , i thought he might have missed somthing in the retainer, could missing somthing in the retainer cause the clutch not to disengauge properly.

i did a search 1st on the adjustable an non adj cable , i went with the non adj, with the shim i gave him a 0.23 , 0.24 0.25 and a 0.26 so he had many choices of to wich shim would go on there, he said that he needed the 0.25 so i called the gear center and they hooked me up for 1 with a t5 and told me that i should get afew more just incase. Im wondering if he might have buggered somthing up like torch the bolts on the retainer and stripped 1 . These things come into mind but i just hope he calls me soon this week.

i did a search 1st on the adjustable an non adj cable , i went with the non adj, with the shim i gave him a 0.23 , 0.24 0.25 and a 0.26 so he had many choices of to wich shim would go on there, he said that he needed the 0.25 so i called the gear center and they hooked me up for 1 with a t5 and told me that i should get afew more just incase. Im wondering if he might have buggered somthing up like torch the bolts on the retainer and stripped 1 . These things come into mind but i just hope he calls me soon this week.

you sound knowledgeable enough to of done it yourself:D

I know i just wish i had the tools to do all this and the experience but im slowling learning aorund this community and a great community it is. Im unable to sleep over this and am worried for my baby, hope good things come this week cause i dont want to be in the fetal position in the shower thisweek again. :SNSign:

I know i just wish i had the tools to do all this and the experience but im slowling learning aorund this community and a great community it is. Im unable to sleep over this and am worried for my baby, hope good things come this week cause i dont want to be in the fetal position in the shower thisweek again. :SNSign:

:lol: From what i hear i its a pretty straightforward install (but then again... i hate doin **** when i dont know where to start)