Transmission trouble

aerotops

Nov 17, 2003
Hey guys,
Sorry if this sounds too lame. But I recently got a 94 Mustang but the problem with it is the trasmission is not smooth at all. And today, it just did not pick up the 2nd and the 4th gear at all. Its a manual. Any suggestions. I am thinking of getting the transmission replaced. Any ideas about labor and costing.
Aerotops.

• Sponsors (?)

New York Block Exchange is where i got my replacement tranny. Mine went out with no really warning other then a sqeak sounding like a throw out bearing. My rebuilt tranny supprising is harder shifting then the previous one, which gave me some concern. I'm convinced that V6 tranny's are schit. The T5's anyway, I have had no expierence with the T45's in the newer, they must've been better if ford decided to change to them.:shrug:. Hope your not having my bad luck.:fuss:

Thanks

But I don't think I can fix a transmission on my own. So, I guess I will have to shop for quotes. Any ideas what's a good price for a 94' rebuilt transmisison and a used transmission.

well if its the clutch the rpms will jump up or rise and you wont go much of anywhere and other issues such as that, if its the tranny.... then simply replace it you can get a brand new tranny for 800 bucks... NEVER REBUILD its just a nightmare..... you pay as much as a new tranny would be only to have issues when its put back in and its a major hassel.

www.gefracing.com quoted me a new t-5 manual tranny (what you have) for 750 bucks. since its new you will simply have to swap the tail shaft out for yoru current one very easy to do any shop can do it and it bolts right in, youc an also find a good condtion used tranny from any 5.0 mustang or 3.8 ford up to 99 that will go right in, 99 + v6 only have the t-5 and its a digital read out on the speedo so thats why you have to swap the tail shaft out, you have a gear driven speedo.