Tremec Or Tko 600?

smkshw

5 Year Member
Feb 12, 2010
about to order a tranny to support my future sc plans...looking at the ones on latemodelresto....just wondering witch one i should go with?.....anything i should know?
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

If i were in the market for a new TKO i would go straight to liberty, hanlon, or pro motion to buy one. My personal first choice would be liberty, for about $400 more you get surface enhancement on the gears, an internal linkage upgrade, libertys front bearing support, and carbon fiber blocker rings.

Reactions: 1 users
This is what i was referring to. You just put a clutch in and need another????????

Pretty sure he means he just bought a new clutch for his t5 and now he has to buy a new one because the tremec has a 26 spline input shaft. You can replace just the disc but clutch discs arent cheap either.

well i feel like a moron!....thought they were 2 different trannies.....what an idiot!,just different 5 gear ratios.....im learning as i go..lol...anyway im going with the .82,dont do much highway driving....buddy has a hook up with ford so ill get everything i need a little cheaper...witch is much needed!

since i need different yokes,for the extra money,anyone think its worth getting an aluminum drive shaft?

yes def worth it for the aluminum driveshaft. IMO The .82 overdrive is a total waste unless you are road racing or something like that.
really?...i hardly ever go on long highway cruises,rarely in 5th for long where im from anyway,so i wouldnt mind a stronger pulling fifth...

I mean, if you spend a lot of time making 100+ MPH pulls than get the .82 fifth, but if you ever go on one long road trip you may regret that decision. Just my .02 cents. Resale value on the trans will take a pretty big hit with that gear too.