Tremec TKX 5-spd

• Sponsors (?)

What are the options and prices?

There's a few different levels depending on what you need. Astroperformance has them.

Since the TKX is rated for 600 ft-lbs, here's the equivalent gearset at $2400. Not everyone needs 600 ft-lbs of torque, but that's what the TKX is rated at so i'm trying to do an apples to apples comparison here. Keep in mind this is just the gearset. You still need a donor T-5 to use that has the remaining parts in good shape.

Doesn't include a syncro rebuild kit, so you should probably add that in as well. After all you just spent $2400 on gearing, sure as hell not going to use used worn syncros are you? That's $400

You are up to $2800 plus you need to put it together yourself, or pay someone to do it. Astro will sell it to you for $4K. Also...everything is OUT of Stock. You need to put down a deposit, and then wait for them to do a batch.

I was debating buying one of these, but in the 485 ft-lbs rating (Only $1900 plus the $400 rebuild kit), but the price point of the TKX has me considering it once I hear some feedback. Plus the 600 ft-lbs rating gives me room to grow, so it's likely the last trans i'd ever need. I just need to price out the cost of all the other parts needed to install it, and then I can still sell my perfectly good (less than 1k miles since full rebuild with all new parts) T-5 as well to help with costs.

G-force is another manufactrer with a gearset rated at 500 and 600 ft-lbs for the T-5. Tough to get pricing from their website though. Need to call and get a quote

I was looking really hard at a beefed up T5, but not i'm looking at the TKX as an alternative. Just waiting for feedback on fit in the Fox, and how well it shifts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Word on the street is a couple youtubers are getting them for swaps as we speak. ( this info is word on the street and not from Hanlon )

Hanlon Motorsports has them and install kits. Bob is displaying them in a Tremec booth in GA ( if the event happens ).

Reactions: 1 users

600HP A-5 1st thru 4th Gear Kit, Upgraded 9310 Alloy Thru-Hardened Output Shaft, Cluster Support Plate, and Master T-5 Overhaul Kit with Synchronizer Rings.

That kit does come with a "$400" rebuild kit.

Word on the street is a couple youtubers are getting them for swaps as we speak. ( this info is word on the street and not from Hanlon )

Hanlon Motorsports has them and install kits. Bob is displaying them in a Tremec booth in GA ( if the event happens ).
What show/race is that? I just got off the phone with apw and theyre saying end of December now (from tremec) and I'm one of the first on their list.

What show/race is that? I just got off the phone with apw and theyre saying end of December now (from tremec) and I'm one of the first on their list.

They are probably on a list just like you. If they had them I'm sure the videos would be out. They are all racing to be the first to drop...the first video will get the most views.

1605301833662.png

Thats what the magnum is for, which if youre ok with the weight and the need for a new driveshaft (and the extra $400) more power to you.
From what I saw, you're going to need a new driveshaft anyways since it's longer than the T5.

From what I saw, you're going to need a new driveshaft anyways since it's longer than the T5.
negative, same driveshaft for t5/aod/tko/4r70w, the later two just need different yokes. this is the same length (actual overall package dimensions other then corners basically being rounded off) as a tko/3550.

negative, same driveshaft for t5/aod/tko/4r70w, the later two just need different yokes. this is the same length (actual overall package dimensions other then corners basically being rounded off) as a tko/3550.

The last question answered by Matt says it's longer than a t5. I'm not looking to argue, I'm looking to confirm so i don't end up waiting on custom driveshaft. I haven't been able to find the actual length of one.

The last question answered by Matt says it's longer than a t5. I'm not looking to argue, I'm looking to confirm so i don't end up waiting on custom driveshaft. I haven't been able to find the actual length of one.
Looking at the overlay, appears to be the same length. However,they make spacers. I bought one and didn't need it.

If you're swapping it in to replace a T5, what do you do for the H-pipe exhaust hanger that normally mount's to the bottom of the T5's tail-shaft housing? I don't recall how that's don on a FOX3, but there's a hanger attached to the trans on the '94/'95s.

If you're swapping it in to replace a T5, what do you do for the H-pipe exhaust hanger that normally mount's to the bottom of the T5's tail-shaft housing? I don't recall how that's don on a FOX3, but there's a hanger attached to the trans on the '94/'95s.

its separate on the fox. It sandwiches between the trans mount and the trans when you bolt it all together

DCE0A990-917D-48C7-9F67-56F4E41747D9.jpeg

Same driveshaft for aod/t5/tko. This is the same length as too, or so says all the sources ive seen

I have a TKO, but its the older version before there was a 500/600. It was either 3550 or TKO...what is the difference
between the older TKO and the newer 500/600 ones? I bought mine back around 03 and cant remember spit about it. lol