Trick Flow Top End Kit - Summit Racing - TFS-K514-350-370 - What do you think?

Ok guys, A buddy of mine is thinking of buying this kit from summit racing, im sure that most of you are familiar with it already, comes with the intake, cam, T/W Heads, roller rockers and so on. What do you think this combo would actually make RWHP on a remanufactured 302 shortblock from say Kragen or Autozone? (Marshall/Recon)? All other normal bolt ons would be there of couse (80mm pro-m, 24lb, 70mm T/B, Long tube headers, off road x, mac mufflers) You think this would be a good combo? I personally do, but i dont have any horespower estimates with this combo.....any help would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

mr.nitrous said:
Ok guys, A buddy of mine is thinking of buying this kit from summit racing, im sure that most of you are familiar with it already, comes with the intake, cam, T/W Heads, roller rockers and so on. What do you think this combo would actually make RWHP on a remanufactured 302 shortblock from say Kragen or Autozone? (Marshall/Recon)? All other normal bolt ons would be there of couse (80mm pro-m, 24lb, 70mm T/B, Long tube headers, off road x, mac mufflers) You think this would be a good combo? I personally do, but i dont have any horespower estimates with this combo.....any help would be appreciated.

Uh ya. Thats my basic combo. If i could get traction i dont see low 12's out of the question for me. i have gone 12.71 @ 109.24 with a 1.9 60'. I imagine it will be somwhere right around 300 rwhp.

wrathchild said:
Uh ya. Thats my basic combo. If i could get traction i dont see low 12's out of the question for me. i have gone 12.71 @ 109.24 with a 1.9 60'. I imagine it will be somwhere right around 300 rwhp.

That sounds very similar to what the previous owner did to my '89 vert. He claimed 350hp (I didn't ask if he meant rwhp or crankshaft) but the car feels like it's putting down between 280-300rwhp.

I very much like the way my car drives--it's kinda weak down low, but in the upper revs, the throttle respose and power are very.. exciting.

wrathchild said:

Aside from the engine bolt-ons, what other mods do you have? And what sort of rubber and rear gear do you run?

I'm pretty sure my vert is good for mid or upper 13s with 2.73s and 225/55 street rubber and an engine built pretty similar to what's been described here.

TheFleshRocket said:
Aside from the engine bolt-ons, what other mods do you have? And what sort of rubber and rear gear do you run?

I'm pretty sure my vert is good for mid or upper 13s with 2.73s and 225/55 street rubber and an engine built pretty similar to what's been described here.

I run nitto drag radials and 4.10's. Completely stock suspension. You can see complete list on my website. Link in sig.