Trouble Codes On My Diablo Predator & Cooling Fan Question

04gtdrop

Jun 10, 2005
Sac, CA
ok guys, I got my stang back from the dealer. And tonight I was trying to re install my custome tune. I put it back to stock to go to the dealer....

When I was looking at the diff options. I went into trouble codes. It read the following codes:

P0602

P0605

P1211

P1690

Does anyone know what these codes mean? :shrug:

Or do you have a link to a website where I can look them?

I would prefer to have the link that way I could look them up in the future. :D

Also, I have a question. I changed the settings on my cooling fan. I Lowered the temp at which it comes on. I lowered it from like 206 down to 200 for the high speed and down to 190 on the low speed. I have the stock T-Stat in. This is the 1st time that I have messed with these settings. Will this hurt my mustang or cuase it any damage? or is it ok to lower the temps where the fans kick in???

:SNSign: :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Code errors:

P0602 = Control Module Programming Error
P0605 = Internal Control Module Read Only Memory (ROM) Error
P1211 = Injection Control Pressure Above/Below Desired
P1690 = OCV Circuit Malfunction

Fan settings should be set as cool as possible without the fans staying on all the time. I would think if you set the off at 190* the fans don't shut off once they come on during the hot days.

EDIT: I'm in Florida and my fans would not shut off on hot days with the settings that came in the Predator so, here is what I set mine at, note the Mach1 has a 180* stat.

Low speed 1 on at 202
Low speed 2 on at 204
High speed on at 208
High speed off at 206
Low speed off at 200

Sitting in traffic with temps in the 90's my fans will kick on, go up to the low speed 1 & 2 then cool back down to the 200 and shut off. The hi speed has yet to kick on. Once I get back up to moving the temps actually drop back down into the 182-188 range and the fans never kick on while I'm driving.

By the way, the Factory setting for the Mach1 low speed to come on was 218*, so even with the settings I have now it runs a lot cooler while in traffic.

ohh ok, cool. But now, what do these codes mean? Is something wrong with my stang?

The CEL is not on.

Ok cool, well i dont know how hot it gets in FL. But its been about 105-115 here in Ca for the past 2 -3 weeks :(

So it sounds like i could lower the temps a little more and it would still be ok...

And what do the high speed on/off mean?

Is that telling it when to turn on and off?

Sorry if these sound like dumb questions :(

Thanks

04gtdrop said:
ohh ok, cool. But now, what do these codes mean? Is something wrong with my stang?

These codes were there before you reinstalled the tune, right? If so, maybe they were there from whatever you had done and the Dealer didn't clear them. Most codes will clear themselves once the probem is fixed I beleive. Try clearing them and see if they come back.

04gtdrop said:
Ok cool, well i dont know how hot it gets in FL. But its been about 105-115 here in Ca for the past 2 -3 weeks :(
It's stays in the mid to upper 90's here from June through August and on occasion getting into the 100s.

04gtdrop said:
So it sounds like i could lower the temps a little more and it would still be ok...
I would imagine with the settings you have now that your fan is not shutting off once it's on. If you lower the numbers more, than it will for sure not let your fan turn off.

I would suggest you set your fans similar to what I have mine set at and see if they shut off when driving. How you can tell that is if you have been driving at crusing speed and come to a stop the fans will not be running. Also note that once you are sitting still they will turn back on.

04gtdrop said:
And what do the high speed on/off mean?

Is that telling it when to turn on and off?

Sorry if these sound like dumb questions :(

Thanks
My Predator has settings for LOW SPEED 1, LOW SPEED 2 and HIGH SPEED fans ON and LOW SPEED / HIGH SPEED fans OFF. So yes, it is telling them when to turn on and off. You have to set the on and off as to where there is no overlap of each fan setting and that the off temp setting is lower than the on.

As mentioned I would try what settings I have, which are much cooler running than the Factory settings, and from that go up and down keeping the increments the same between on and off until you can get the fans to run while you are sitting in traffic and will shut off when you are moving. In some cases though, with the AC running the fans will not shut off in slow driving with my settings so that does effect what you end up with.

I also suggest that you hook up the Predator in the Diagnostic Mode while testing/setting your temps and monitor the temperature while you are doing this to assure you don't get to hot while making the adjustments.

It took me several tries at setting the fans on and off to get what I wanted. I wanted to keep the engine water temp as cool as possible while not burning up the fans from being on all the time. I don't run the air much even when it's hot so I wasn't concered with the fan running more in that condition.

It's been over 110 here for a week now, but last summer nay time the temp went over 100 the car ran at 230 in town 210 on the freeway. Since I got the Predato this summer I lowered all the on/off temps 10 degrees and it does seem to be running cooler. I will also be installing a Fluidyne radiator, Tru-Cool trans cooler, and a Jet 180 degree thermostat this weekend which should solve all my cooling issues.

Well I installed it and a trans cooler today here are some pics.
000_0029.jpg

000_0030.jpg

000_0032.jpg

000_0034.jpg

Attachments

• 000_0029.jpg
    000_0029.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 000_0030.jpg
    000_0030.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 000_0032.jpg
    000_0032.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 000_0034.jpg
    000_0034.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 86
Here's a couple more.
000_0036.jpg

I also painted a couple pulleys and replaced the water pump with a polished one.
000_0037.jpg

All Done, time to do some testing...
100_0382.jpg

Attachments

• 000_0036.jpg
    000_0036.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 000_0037.jpg
    000_0037.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 102
  • 100_0382.jpg
    100_0382.jpg