Trying to figure out whether this car is bs or not?

ganador01

Founding Member
Jan 21, 2002
Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
I am looking at a 1993 Mustang Gt. The car was supposedly built professionally by Alternative Automotive (place in michigan i think)a little over a year ago. Ok so this guy bought this car from another guy who had this work done. He is getting me receipts right now for all this work. He thinks it should be in the 400+ hp range. I am wondering if this is bs or what? What kinda power should this setup be making and what kind of times. I am really close to sealing this deal so I don't want to be had. I plan to get it dynotuned immediately on purchase to make sure but, i don't want to purchase this car without some sort of reassurance. Btw, I am not paying cash for this car, it is a trade with another car I already own.(plus a little cash)

93 mustang GT
Engine (7,000 miles on all of it)
-347 Stroker
-Forged internals
10-5:1 compression ratio
Diamond racing forged pistons& new rings
eagle forged connectting rods
fms 24lb injectors
c&l maf
bore on new shortblock that was hardened and heat tested
all metal gaskets with head studs

-Forged Crank
-Eldlebrock intake
-Edlebrock Heads with an additonal $1300 in port and valve work
-x-cam
-BBk T-body, headers, off-road pipe
-usd pullies
-magnecore wires
-4 core radiator
-upgraded fuel system
-Custom Dyno
-plus more

Transmisson (5,000 miles on it)
-Tremec 3550 5sp
-Stage 3 clutch
-Pro 5.0 shifter

Suspension (5,5000 miles on it)
-Mach 1 shocks
-Mach 1 Struts
-Ford springs
-subframe connectors
-crossmember for engine BBK
-Brand new Chrome Cobra R rim's with Nitto Tires, 255/17 up front, 275,17 in the rear.

Rearend (5,000 miles on it)
3:55 gear with t-lok

Interior
-Syn. Leather racing seats (Black--Very nice seats, brand New)
-Mustang trim door sills, chrome
-Billet interior trim
-Mustang logo floor mats
-pioneer premier cd player w/grapic display9 Brand new
-pioneer surrond sound, and clarion

• Sponsors (?)

mustangsquared said:
I would guess 360-380 RWP...what head work, what type of intake? that would make a difference.
well all he gave me so far was edlebroke...i mean edlebrock :) intake...and he spoke of headwork. he's not the original owner so im working on getting all the exact details from him. If he decided he wants to do this deal, I will get all the exact parts that are in it.

But here's the deal - unless you require a dyno run of the seller before buying, and make your purchase offer contingent on the outcome, you're gonna have to take some risk on this thing. The fact is, you can't even tell if it's a 347 from the outside of the engine - it could be a standard 302 with Edelbrock components. Receipts are fine - but they can be fabricated too. I'm not suggesting that you not go forward -- just know that there's no way to absolutely assure you're getting what you think you are. At some point you're operating on trust that what the other person is telling you is how it is. And once you've decided you're going forward - then it's your baby, unless you make other provisions in a purchase agreement.

Michael Yount said:
But here's the deal - unless you require a dyno run of the seller before buying, and make your purchase offer contingent on the outcome, you're gonna have to take some risk on this thing. The fact is, you can't even tell if it's a 347 from the outside of the engine - it could be a standard 302 with Edelbrock components. Receipts are fine - but they can be fabricated too. I'm not suggesting that you not go forward -- just know that there's no way to absolutely assure you're getting what you think you are. At some point you're operating on trust that what the other person is telling you is how it is. And once you've decided you're going forward - then it's your baby, unless you make other provisions in a purchase agreement.
well this guy has been on the message boards for a while. Hes not a newb and he seems trustworthy enough. I will add some provisions to our agreement that states that this car either puts out some nice hp numbers or that he has to pay to get everything back like it was...