Tubular K Member

• Sponsors (?)

Kenny Brown, old school, I like it. The biggest thing to look for in aftermarket control arms is the offset. Some of the aftermarket control arms are designed to move the tires forward and out on a stock K-member. There are offset bushings that do the same thing as well. The Kenny Brown K-member has an offset built in, so you need a factory style control arm to keep from over offsetting. The only advantage to getting aftermarket control arms at this point is to shed a little weight. Call Kenny Brown and see what they recommend. It's all up to what you want to spend.

Kurt

Kenny Brown, old school, I like it. The biggest thing to look for in aftermarket control arms is the offset. Some of the aftermarket control arms are designed to move the tires forward and out on a stock K-member. There are offset bushings that do the same thing as well. The Kenny Brown K-member has an offset built in, so you need a factory style control arm to keep from over offsetting. The only advantage to getting aftermarket control arms at this point is to shed a little weight. Call Kenny Brown and see what they recommend. It's all up to what you want to spend.

Kurt
They make their own but they're $549 compared to everyone else's which are like $350 max. I was just wondering if something like a QA1 or UPR would actually bolt to the k member.

They make their own but they're $549 compared to everyone else's which are like $350 max. I was just wondering if something like a QA1 or UPR would actually bolt to the k member.

QA1s should bolt right up. The QA1 is also an offset K-member. I have a QA1 K-member. There is a reason Kenny Brown charges more money. It has to do with how and where they are made.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 user