Tuning without the married tuner

Shiloh93

May 6, 2018
GA
Hey I’m new guys and definitely a noob. Got me a 2013 mustang gt a few months ago. It has a boss 302 intake and a ghost cam tune which I hate. Yeah it makes the car sound good but it’s terrible to drive in first gear, plus I feel like it’s not good on the engine. So i have a sct tuner and cannot tune it because it’s still married to the previous owners tuner. I went to ford to retune back to stock and they said there’s a 50/50 chance it may not crank up , depending on what else the previous guy had done to the motor. Or the old tune was custom for that setup he had and it will run like crap. So I decided not to do it but I really hate how it drives. Plus I want to do more mods to this car. Anyway of getting around this or is going back to stock my only option.

You should call American Muscle (or whomever you bought the tuner from).

I believe that you can use the new tuner to set your EEC back to stock but you will need a replacement tune to load in order for it to run properly.

If the tuner you bought is a used tuner and has been married to a car previously, it will cost you:

$150 to get it unmarried
$150 to join the Tune For Life from Bama
and another $50 to unlock your tuner if it is still married to another car.

It’s just a regular SCT x4 for Ford vehicles. That’s what I get in the pic

Attachments

• 509C460E-5EA3-4BD3-B037-4E0644176426.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 741