Turbo 2V Catchcan

Hello, I'm sure this has been asked a lot but wanting a fresh set of answers to what I've got going on. My turbo 2v running 10-12 lbs of boost has a ton of blowby coming out of the pcv valve and the vent tube. I've got a vibrant catchcan on the way with 2 10AN hoses and 2 10AN end fittings for the catchcan. The question I can't seem to find an answer for is whether or not the 10AN hose will connect straight into the PCV Valve, or if I am removing the valve entirely and attaching another 10AN fitting to the hole the valve is in? If I have to remove the valve and attach a fitting, how would I even go about doing that in terms of actually getting the fitting in place securely?

For backstory, my tuner has already removed all hoses that connect to the valve and the vent tube and its basically just spraying all over the engine bay.

Since the vent tube doesn't really do much would I also just attach the 10AN hose directly to it as well?

Thanks for the help, this is a pretty confusing topic that doesn't really seem to have clear answers so hopefully this clears it up!

• Sponsors (?)

Take the PCV valve out. You should be able to find a fitting to replace it. Do you have hoses from both valve covers or just one?
THANK YOU. Could not find a definitive answer for this. I have trickflow valve covers, so the PCV valve is on the driver's side and the vent tube is on the passenger side, which seems to be opposite of what I've seen. I do not have either hoses. The shop used the hose that connects the PCV to the intake as a vacuum source for the wastegate, and the hose for the vent tube has apparently been discarded.

So I should connect the second port for the catchcan straight into the vent tube since it's a through and through valve?

Mine is opposite of yours but this is how mine is set-up. I used heater hose for mine
IMG_20220219_215600335.jpg
IMG_20220219_215526490.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220219_215501255.jpg
    IMG_20220219_215501255.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 47
Mine is opposite of yours but this is how mine is set-up. I used heater hose for mine
IMG_20220219_215600335.jpg
IMG_20220219_215526490.jpg
Interesting. There's a few differences here. So the driver side is a vent tube? My vent tube is a straight up and down valve coming out, where as yours is a 90 degree valve like the PCV.

Also, your setup is retaining the PCV Valve, but for my boosted application I should not, correct?

No PCV valve on mine. It's just a fitting. Yes, the drivers side is a vent. It used to have a valve cover filter on the driver's side. I got oil all over from that so I went with the catch can. The fitting on the driver's side is broken. I've had trouble finding a replacement.

No PCV valve on mine. It's just a fitting. Yes, the drivers side is a vent. It used to have a valve cover filter on the driver's side. I got oil all over from that so I went with the catch can. The fitting on the driver's side is broken. I've had trouble finding a replacement.
Thanks so much for all this help. So the deletion of the PCV valve is what relieves the crankcase pressure under boost? I’d seen some people who just attached the catchcan and retained the valve (they weren’t boosted), what is the difference in doing that?

It's a valve. It's for pollution control. Deleting it won't hurt anything. If anything, keeping it and having blowby could just cause it to clog up.

My car isn't boosted either but it has big cams so my compression ratio is high. I'm thinking anyone who kept it with a catchcan didn't have a fitting that would replace it. I'm not sure of any benefit to keeping it.

It's a valve. It's for pollution control. Deleting it won't hurt anything. If anything, keeping it and having blowby could just cause it to clog up.

My car isn't boosted either but it has big cams so my compression ratio is high. I'm thinking anyone who kept it with a catchcan didn't have a fitting that would replace it. I'm not sure of any benefit to keeping it.
Thanks for the help. One last thing, I went out and took both valves off the car just to get a clear picture. The first one is from the passenger side, what I believe to be the vent tube. Straight up and down. The second and third pictures are of the 90 degree valve that I thought to be PCV, but there is nothing on the inside, it looks just like a regular valve. I’m going to call the shop on Monday to find out, but it looks like pcv might’ve already been deleted entirely and I just need to plug the catchcan into these valves.

Attachments

• 1EC7810A-7042-4AAA-B122-3739524F100A.jpeg
    1EC7810A-7042-4AAA-B122-3739524F100A.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 239870B6-5FE4-4ED9-BAE0-77B999988F46.jpeg
    239870B6-5FE4-4ED9-BAE0-77B999988F46.jpeg
    503.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 1F91737F-F0CD-4FE8-AD0A-32C70E393EC2.jpeg
    1F91737F-F0CD-4FE8-AD0A-32C70E393EC2.jpeg
    407.1 KB · Views: 46