Turbo F150 5.4 3 Valve Help

BrianKaiser

Feb 9, 2018
How's it going y'all. I'm taking a shot at the Mustang community for some help on my build. I've had a hard time getting useful information from the truck guys on my turbo build as not too many of them have done so. I have a 2004 F150 Lariat 5.4 3v that I have a gt35 turbo setup fabricated and am down to the last final details that I need help with. Mainly routing of the PCV system for a forced induction build. Maybe one of y'all can point me in the right direction wether it be through this post or directing me to the right part of this site to do so. I have a factory ECU being tuned by Mike Murillo with SCT x4. I have 42# fuel injectors and Accel COPS. Otherwise a stock long block. Looking to run 8-10lbs of boost. Thanks in advance, Brian.

• Sponsors (?)

How's it going y'all. I'm taking a shot at the Mustang community for some help on my build. I've had a hard time getting useful information from the truck guys on my turbo build as not too many of them have done so. I have a 2004 F150 Lariat 5.4 3v that I have a gt35 turbo setup fabricated and am down to the last final details that I need help with. Mainly routing of the PCV system for a forced induction build. Maybe one of y'all can point me in the right direction wether it be through this post or directing me to the right part of this site to do so. I have a factory ECU being tuned by Mike Murillo with SCT x4. I have 42# fuel injectors and Accel COPS. Otherwise a stock long block. Looking to run 8-10lbs of boost. Thanks in advance, Brian.

I forgot to mention I also have a Diablosport Mafia for my factory MAF sensor.

Did you get the catch can for the turbo system? If you didn't I strongly suggest you do and that's where your PCV line will go.

I suggest you make a call to GT35 or the place you bought the system from for the answers. Also, 6 pounds of boost with Hellion requires 52 lb. injectors. Makes me wonder about your 42 lbs?

Last edited:
A lot of guys over on F150 online switched to a pcv from a 3.5 ecoboost on their supercharged or turboed trucks. If it don't fit, it's only a couple of bucks you lost. Another option is route the pcv hose to the inlet side of the turbo where it will find a vacuum and operate correctly. finally if you state will allow, ditch the pcv all together and just run a breather, that way you get no oil residue in the intake or turbo.