Turbo the fox or get a cobra?

Well, in my ever-changing mind of decisions, I am kicking around the two possibilities in the title. I have looked at this list and still can't decide.

Cobra:
Pro:
Just bad-ass
Newer
more reliable horsepower
smoother car
Great looks
Won't be in the garage working on it every weekend
Nice ass brakes

Con:
Expensive
INsurance
"Everyone" has one
I'll want to mod it and spend money on it (maybe)

Turbo fox
Pro:
Cheaper in the long run (maybe)
Lighter
no car payment
Cheaper insurance
familiar wiht the motor
JUst plain bad-ass
stock

Con:
Older car
will need a lot of upgrading to handle the turbo
needs paint
old
starting from scratch
Don't have the time/motivation to do it the right way.

So, give me some feedback

• Sponsors (?)

I was in that same situation just a few months ago. And I decided....

Out with the old:
4369.jpg

and in with the new:
72937.jpg

The newer cobra's blocks are much stronger than the 5.0 blocks. Many advantages with the newer car, however, much more money, not to mention weight. The fox will be cheaper, but not as easy.

Have you done a test drive in the cobra? I was certain I was going to sell the fox and get a terminator. After test driving it, it didn't live up to expectations - no way was it worth a car loan and a doubling of insurance. FWIW, I have a 331 stroker in my fox, and all new suspension, recaro seats etc so I have a blast driving the fox - only mod left it really needs is brakes - so the winter project will probably be a 5 lug conversion, and either Baer or cobra brakes. If someone offered me a straight swap, I might do it, but to change to a cobra with a car loan and insurance hike - no thanks - not even close.

No doubt the cobra is one sick vehicle, love em. Also love the idea of a turbo charged fox. But I can tell you this, a Cobra will usually go by relatively unnoticed where I come from, except to the true Ford enthusiast. My black, supercharged notch? Few fail to look....

I say Cobra just because the engine is so stout. If you have the money to mod it, insurance, and car payment up go for it.

I almost went with a Cobra. But I would have a stock one and i would just barley be able to afford the payments. I'm going to do the Fox body up.

For the love of God man, turbo the fox! Nothing against the Cobras, they're great. But you could order your turbo kit, and a CHP 331 Longblock to handle it, a T56, and upgrade the rearend, and still come out ahead in your wallet, and at the end of the strip!

I think you answered your own questions when you said no motivation and time to do it right. if that's the case dont waste your time and money. just get the cobra, oh and for insurance, clean records 24yrs old I was quoted 117 a month full coverage on a 03 cobra, it's not bad.