turn signal problems need help

95BLKGT5.0

Founding Member
Mar 18, 2002
Auburn Washington
I am have turn signal problems and need some help. When I turn on my right signal the rear blinks fast but the front light will not work. If I just use the lane change it blinks normal but the front light still will not work. I replaced the flasher and all the bulbs front and rear and it is still doing the same thing. Any suggestions :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Check the contacts inside the socket on the front bulb. That, a loose wire or a bulb are about it. I would really think that it would be a bulb. Pull it out and look while it is still in the socket and see if you can see the filaments inside it.

Paul

After reading your post again, I have to say that I'm 99% sure you need to replace the multifunction switch (which is the whole turn signal stick including the part that attaches to the steering column). You'll be taking the plastic off the steering column and the ingition key solenoid to remove it, but no big deal at all if you follow Haynes/Chilton.

Now that I think of it, even your local ford dealer should have the part for a price near what Mustangs Unlimited sells them for.

Your description is exactly the problem I had AND I too changed a couple bulbs that didn't need replacing.

Someone please speak up if I'm off here, but that's how I solved the problem.

Good luck.

Ok, Car Nut may be right but I had the same problem.When I moved the steering column to the up position it stopped.Move the steering column down and it would start all over again.Drove me crazy! The plug going to the turn signal switch was loose. You'll have to remove the column pieces like Car Nut said but before you buy the part make sure it's not just a loose connection.Lots of luck

Took it apart and everthing looked good Till I checked it with my tester and got some bad signals so looks like I will be replacing it. The Ford dealer has one for $48.
$35 on Mustang Unlimited web site plus shipping.

Thanks for all the help :D