Turn Signals and Hazard Lights no working - 96 GT

Scott38060

Dec 12, 2011
Hello - I am a first time poster, but have been 'lurking' for quite some time. I have generally found these forums to be very helpful, and look forward to being a productive member.
I have a strange issue with my 1996 GT Convertible. The turn signals are not working at all, and when the hazard lights are turned on, only the Right Front flashes (along with the Right Turn indicator on the instrument cluster). All fuses are good. I have read that cleaning the hazard light switch may help the problem, or perhaps its the multi function switch. Just curious if anyone had experienced this phenomena. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
~Scott

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't actually experienced the problem so I guess I can't suggest "clean the multi-function switch".

FWIIW, I have posted on other threads about cleaning the multi-function switch.

Good luck on finding someone with your problem that can comment on your thread.

Looking at the wire diagram for the turn signals, I don't see how cleaning the multi-switch would help. I think the whole switch may have failed.

Reactions: 1 user
You need to confirm that you are not getting any power to the Rear Lights period, that means using a multi-meter at different points in the wiring-harness that go to the turning signals to confirm it is the multi-switch.

P.s. You can find a wiring-diagram in a Chiltons and or Haynes manual.