Turn signals and side marker install

• Sponsors (?)

OK here is the easy route, i just did the smoke clear one.
f_0206081242m_798607e.jpg

Tools needed:
Screwdiver
Needle nose plyers
sand paper (fine grit)

step one:
remove some of the inner fender shroud right behind front bumper in the wheel well.

Step two:
Unplug both lights going into the turnsignal

step three: (the fun part)
If you have HUGE hands this might be a PITA, use the needle nose plyers to push three plug type taps in and out of the back part of the lamp.

step four:
lift up and out and pull the lamp at an angle and it should slide right out, there is a lip piece at the other end that slides into the molding of the bumper

step five:
On the new lamp assembly, the lip piece you need to sand down a bit, the aftermarket ones are comming thicker than the stock ones, making it very very hard to slide into the opening attached to the bumper. after the sanding slide down (dont know how much exactly it was trail and error for me, I just sanded a little and went and tryd it) assembly into the location of the stock lamp area.

step six:
Slide lip in,(you need to use some elbow grease..a.k.a. FORCE) fit the three holes in the rear over the push clip thingys and reattached all the lamp connectors and screw the shroud back in. clen the lense and VOLLA your done

Total time 10-15 minutes per lamp!
Good luck ! If you need a pic of what they look like installed let me know !

Attachments

• f_0206081242m_798607e.jpg
    f_0206081242m_798607e.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 98
Oh ya I used many a good four letter words before I relized i had to sand the lip down.. and yes my kunckles were nice and cut up from working against the wheel weel liner, BUT its much better than removing the whole bumper like they said too! Anyway good luck. take some pics !