twin blown fox

• Sponsors (?)

Neat I guess, but I always thought this set up was much cleaner....

SCTC - SuperCharged Turbo Coupe

blowers8.jpg

blowers9.jpg

sctc4.jpg

I'd say the fact that its running low 10's at over 130mpg in a full weight Fox Thunderbird with unmatched drivability and over 650rwtq on tap with junk yard Eaton M90's on it proves there's a little more to it than just "uniqueness"? :shrug:

Maybe, maybe not. Those M90’s really don’t take a lot of power to spin and a lot of it really depends on manifold design as well. The fact that they’re putting down 475rwhp/654rwtq on 92-octane pump gas and seeing less than 14psi on the gauge tells me that the system is plenty efficient as it is. I haven’t seen a similarly sized single set up…even ones sporting more efficient modern twin screws make a whole lot more power than that and nowhere near that much torque at the same airflow levels? Remember…these are old 2nd/3rd Generation Eaton’s as well. A pair of R1320 TVS Eaton’s would be light years more efficient than the blowers in his current set up.

It's been proven more effecient to run one larger blower. I guess if you got the smaller blowers cheaper or free, and had some time and fabrication skills, why not?

^This.

I guess if his goal was to save money, he may have succeeded....at the cost of looooots of time. So I guess it depends on how valuable your time is and how much you enjoy the process...

I just don't see the benefit of using two blowers instead of one, especially when it requires so much extra work.

The way he has his intake set up, with the inlet tubes directly across from each other, it seems to me like the two blowers would be fighting each other - causing a ****load of turbulence in the upper intake and reducing efficiency. You can look straight through one of his inlet pipes and out the other....What if one of the blowers is a little stronger, or one stops working?

He should have at least put some kind of downward slopes/curved baffles in the middle to direct the air downward...or had the two inlet tubes curve in from the back so they're not directly facing each other...

But then again, I'm no engineer.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the guy - it's definitely impressive and he has more knowledge and skill than I do. He obviously did something right to get the numbers he's getting.

Could have been much easier is all I'm sayin'

And nobody's ever done the same thing with a single blower setup (minus the junk yard Eaton M90's part, of course)?
Well, considering the only other company that makes a positive displacement blower set up for an OHV is Kenne Bell....and the fact that it won't come anywhere close to making this kind of power, or running those sorts of times....I would say no. Especially when you consider the relative mild engine set up (sedate Crane Came, stock bottom end and GT40 iron heads.)

Yeah, I guess you could put a big centrifugal on their and make simiar or even more power, but you'd never be able to match the low end torque or drivability of this set up.

It seems very well engineered.

I guess if his goal was to save money, he may have succeeded....at the cost of looooots of time. So I guess it depends on how valuable your time is and how much you enjoy the process...

I just don't see the benefit of using two blowers instead of one, especially when it requires so much extra work.

The way he has his intake set up, with the inlet tubes directly across from each other, it seems to me like the two blowers would be fighting each other - causing a ****load of turbulence in the upper intake and reducing efficiency. You can look straight through one of his inlet pipes and out the other....What if one of the blowers is a little stronger, or one stops working?

He should have at least put some kind of downward slopes/curved baffles in the middle to direct the air downward...or had the two inlet tubes curve in from the back so they're not directly facing each other...

But then again, I'm no engineer.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the guy - it's definitely impressive and he has more knowledge and skill than I do. He obviously did something right to get the numbers he's getting.

Could have been much easier is all I'm sayin'
Again....low-10's, 130+mph trap speed, stock like drivability, copious amounts of low end torque, sedate engine specs, decent mileage, small package.

Damn good job. Could other set ups (big centrifugal, turbo, big cubes+nitrous, etc) make more power...most certainly, but not compromising something else.

When someone comes out with a large positive displacement, intercooled supercharger kit for the OHV engine, we can certainly approach this again...but considering nobody has done so, I'd say he's done as well, if not better than anyone else has thus far.