Twin Turbo Coupe 1987-1993

• Sponsors (?)

65ShelbyClone said:
Couple things:

Go to turbomustangs.com and learn how to build one yourself.

:nice:

Ill use my past combos as a guide.

First there was my nearly stock 89 GT with the common bolt ons
Then the Green Machine with 306 and s-trim-450hp
Then the 331 with s-trim-520hp..
Now im building the Twin turbo 331 aimimg for 700hp.

Everything I have built myself, have knowledge of, and know what it takes to control and be responsible with such power.

This is my pet peeve.

People, mostly young bucks like I used to be, come on these boards and see the high HP numbers some people are running, or read a magazine with a twin turbo car making XXX hp and are fathimed with the idea and want the same. I see thread after thread on turbomustangs and stangnet about making 700hp or turbocharging a 460 bigblock, buying a twin turbo whatever and basically skipping the entire learning process, any basic knowledge, and going right to the 9 sec combination. "Dad gave me some money so what should I buy?" "My grandma just passed away and I inherited 10 grand, what does it take for 900hp?" Where is the pride in building something? Where did the learning process go? Why are people so dumb? The way I see, some are blinded by the shiney parts and go fast numbers, and fail to realize modifying a car is a hobby, not a lifestyle. There should be other ambitions in life, such as going to college or getting a job, before you buy that 500$ suspension or exhuast that will sit in yout house until you can pay someone to install it...Its a hobby, build it yourself. Would you buy a complete and painted model car to sit on your shelf at home? HELL NO, you're going to spend the time and money and do it yourself, have pride in it, and know each and every piece thats under the hood and remember how much time and effort it took to get you where you are today.

I put my Vortech on myself with the help of my little bro. And I'm glad I did, now I know if i had any problems I wil be able to locate it and know how to fix it (as far at the SC goes). So, I can see what you are saying about doin this yourself.

However, it is cheaper to buy someone's failed project or a car someone has lost interest in. Maybe this is what this guy is trying to do :shrug:

I agree with mike that you should learn how to do the work on your car yourself. However, fabbing a turbo kit isn't something the average stanger can do. If you can find a good deal on a kit or know someone that can fab one up for you, i think thats a good route to take.

i love fabbing things on my 86. i converted the dash to a 87+ dash, made a rear seat delete. and customized the interior to name a few i love go fast parts but making something your self, even if its something as simple as seat brackets or even something like a custom alt bracket (which i just finished) its great! I love working on my car, and the only time i paid someone else to do any work on it is when they welded on my subframe connectors. But now i know how to weld so never again!

I'll be fabbing something up here very shorty as well. I ain't sayin what it is till I get the thing done and installed and see how it looks though. lol If it ends up looking like ass then no one will ever know it but me.