Twin Turbo help please!

I have purchased a twin turbo set up for my 91 gt and am in the middle of making the room under the hood it needs. I have deleted all smog, Ac is disconected and am ordering the ford kit to remove the ac pump and put the power steering pump where ac used to be. Battery is relocated to rear. Now the only major problem left is the Brake booster is about 8-10 inches deep and that puts the master cylinder right in the way of the turbo exhaust. what can I do to fix this? If the master cylinder were 2.5 inches back further I would be ok. I stilll need to stop well because this is a street car. Ive heard that there are some very knowlegable guys on here so I am looking for some help please.

Attachments

• IMAG0189.jpg
    IMAG0189.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the replies

I have a 91 and the kit was orig ordered for a 90 so it should be identical I would think? The kit was ordered from godspeed I believe. Yesterday I bolted up one of the Turbo headers and sat one of the T3/T4 turbos on top of it and noticed that The wastegates on the turbos will be too high also. I may need a large cowl hood but thats a good excuse to get one lol.

If I convert to manual brakes will i lose alot of stopping power?:shrug:

I have a 91 and the kit was orig ordered for a 90 so it should be identical I would think? The kit was ordered from godspeed I believe. Yesterday I bolted up one of the Turbo headers and sat one of the T3/T4 turbos on top of it and noticed that The wastegates on the turbos will be too high also. I may need a large cowl hood but thats a good excuse to get one lol.

If I convert to manual brakes will i lose alot of stopping power?:shrug:

If it's a godspeed ebay kit, quit while you are ahead and you car can still be returned to normal.
Those kit's are useless.
No real kit for a street car requires manual brakes, and a larger hood.

There is a reason they are so cheap.

Godspeed.

I understand that Godspeed has not gotten the best reputation for their tubos. Intercoolers and plumbing are great. The fact is that for the price of the kit with the turbos I could throw away the turbos, buy a better brand and still be in it less than just buying it all at another place. I plan to just install this kit. see how my car likes low boost 5-7 psi tops. then replace the turbos after break in so it will be ok. I understand what you are saying though. Just know that the turbos from the kit are temporary.

Here is a pic of the drivers side header with the turbo on it..... Any ideas guys?

Attachments

• IMAG0190.jpg
    IMAG0190.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 98