Twisted wedge head problem?

tcmustang

Founding Member
Jul 1, 2002
Columbus Ga.
Help, just installed T.Wedge heads, street Heat intake long tubes ,70 mm Tb, Car stumbles, back fires won't idel fires and dies. Trick Flow said to use their longer push rods 6.70 length, so I did. But the back firing is coming through the intake and exhaust. Did not touch cam, or Distributer. Rechecked dist, pulled intake and valve covers, had a friend ( ford Mechanic) come over and re-adjust valves, he said they were right, but still the same prob. Ran codes,non showed up. Help please?

• Sponsors (?)

i'd check the timing anyway and set it to a safe 10* BTDC, also do you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, if so try adjusting the fuel rpessure make it a little more rich. Also be sure to check all your electrical connection, all fuel injectors, maf, egr, iac, ect. Could be a vaccum leak, can't build enough pressure so engine dies, check the vaccum tree, and the vaccum conections to the fuel regulator, cal canister, pcv, and intake. good luck

What method did he use for lashing the valves? Sounds to me that the valvetrain is torqued incorrectly or you have a serious vaccum leak...He should have have gone to zero lash and then gone 1/4 to 3/4 turn after...