New here but I have problems

White87makers

Apr 13, 2023
Hello,

I have a 87' foxbody (mass air car) and I recently took apart the upper manifold a
I change injectors to 24 pound. I put it back together and it idled in the 1,500s without coming down for 30 seconds. I went ahead put a new IAC and TPS, and adjusted the idle down but it won’t stay consistent. The car now surges under idle after a minute or it will stall out. The car also smells very rich out of the exhaust.
It has:
Edlebrock heads and intake
70 mm throttle body
24 lb injectors w Pmas mass air
E cam
Long tubes etc.

Help please!!

• Sponsors (?)

Pull codes like the General suggests and report back.

There is a surging idle check list on here and it is located here:

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Pull codes like the General suggests and report back.

There is a surging idle check list on here and it is located here:

Ok thank you. I’ll give it a try

Stick around on here long enough and you will get it. Look under the General’s member name and you will see that the mods like to use your own words to put something funny below your name. What you said would be hilarious.
karthief's Custom Title is one of the best :rlaugh: Yes, those were his words pulled out of context from a post he made. :D

Hello,

I have a 87' foxbody (mass air car) and I recently took apart the upper manifold a
I change injectors to 24 pound. I put it back together and it idled in the 1,500s without coming down for 30 seconds. I went ahead put a new IAC and TPS, and adjusted the idle down but it won’t stay consistent. The car now surges under idle after a minute or it will stall out. The car also smells very rich out of the exhaust.
It has:
Edlebrock heads and intake
70 mm throttle body
24 lb injectors w Pmas mass air
E cam
Long tubes etc.

Help please!!

Hope you got my reply..
If that was for me, your reply came through.
I was just breaking chops on the General…… it’s what we do around here in between talking Mustangs!

Seriously though, those checklists on this site are a Godsend! Step by step they will find your issue….. just be patient and don’t skip around.

If that was for me, your reply came through.
I was just breaking chops on the General…… it’s what we do around here in between talking Mustangs!

Seriously though, those checklists on this site are a Godsend! Step by step they will find your issue….. just be patient and don’t skip around.
Ok great chop BREAKER …lol MY TURN NEED LIL help.. I have 1993 4cyl aod … I have 1993 5.0 aod / c3w ecu runs great just carb but all efi is there but no 02 sensors…ok I have found a A3m ecu and wiring harness, only thing is A3m ecu didn’t come from same car as ecu but wiring harness is from 1993 but waiting for guy to tell me at least if the 1993 was manual that harness came from

But where does transmission harness go on my 4cyl car , where does it plug in being aod.. when I put 5.0 in and A3m or c3w whatever.. and is there a t5 trans harness from passenger kick panel to t5 ?… please take time read this and try it help me… thanks

Maybe this will help? Not sure if you are wanting to know about the reverse lights which are plug and play or the neutral gear switch.

Original poster: You stated you are running rich since swapping to 24 lb. injectors. Are you sure your mass air meter is calibrated for 24 lb? A meter calibrated for standard, 19 lb. injectors would present the symptoms you describe.

Original poster: You stated you are running rich since swapping to 24 lb. injectors. Are you sure your mass air meter is calibrated for 24 lb? A meter calibrated for standard, 19 lb. injectors would present the symptoms you describe.
Crazy you say that but out of everything tried, I just swapped the mass air with a buddies and fixed the issue immediately. I guess I trusted my brand new PMAS maf to much to work the way it should. Ty buddy!!