Two T5 Bellhousings, same part no but different bolt hole locations? Need measurement

Speeds8erM-1

Founding Member
Sep 6, 2000
Pensacola Florida
I have two T5 bellhousings here, well one is boxed up to be sent out to a guy, they both have the same part number but the bolt locations where the transmission bolts up are different. WTF I wonder if one is the one that fits with a 3550? They both have the E6ZR-6394-AA

The bottom bolt holes on one are 8 3/4 width, the other one was 6 something. Same exact part number though!

So which is which here? This sucks.

• Sponsors (?)

I have two T5 bellhousings here, well one is boxed up to be sent out to a guy, they both have the same part number but the bolt locations where the transmission bolts up are different. WTF I wonder if one is the one that fits with a 3550? They both have the E6ZR-6394-AA

The bottom bolt holes on one are 8 3/4 width, the other one was 6 something. Same exact part number though!

So which is which here? This sucks.

If you dont get an answer by 11am central time, ill go home and measure mine for you. Its sitting on the ground unattached, so taking a picture and measuring will be easy.

I don't know if this helps, but here is a picture of a T5 bellhousing installed with the transmission in.

attachment.php

I would think that the one with the slightly wider holes are for the SROD/3550, but the part # doesn't make sense. I will go out and measure mine if you want. I have two in the garage.

Attachments

• DCP_0906.JPG
    DCP_0906.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 174
You guys are the man(s)!

The bottom bolts on this one are 8 or more inches apart. I saw a post somewhere when searching that a theroy was some of the T5 bellhousings were bought as blanks from Ford and drilled for the 3550 but Im not sure. Rumor is the SROD bellhousings would bolt up to the 3550 but it has the E6 part number, which started in 86.

You guys are the man(s)!

The bottom bolts on this one are 8 or more inches apart. I saw a post somewhere when searching that a theroy was some of the T5 bellhousings were bought as blanks from Ford and drilled for the 3550 but Im not sure. Rumor is the SROD bellhousings would bolt up to the 3550 but it has the E6 part number, which started in 86.

I dont know jack about any of it honestly... hell i was doing good to read the measuring tape lol.. j/k