Two Tone Gt Paint

1B@DPNY

Jun 2, 2014
Has anyone painted the lower half of there gt? Read they don't put clean on this part and mine needs to be redone. Was thinking about sem bumper paint to do this. Not sure how it would come out though. Really don't want to take to shop to have this done.

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldn't use the SEM bumper paint on it. It won't match, and will probably look like poop using an aerosol can, or might I say many cans.
I've painted a couple of GT lower halves in the past but it has been a few Years. There is a paint code# for the Titanium but I can't remember what it is. It was a single stage finish (no clearcoat). I used to use Semi Gloss Acrylic Lacquer when I did them. It was a perfect match.

Good Luck!

It sounds like onefine88 has personal experience painting them, and I do not. Having gave the disclaimer, I have READ that a flat clear can be used. I really need to repaint my entire two tone car, so I would be interested in seeing what you do.

Joe

Yeah these days flattened clear is the most popular method for taming the gloss. If you go with a two stage base/clear option with flattened clear it would be most durable.
The old school lacquer days are pretty much a thing of the past. But that's what was used back in the day.