u/d pullies affect chargingsignificantly??

last night my dad and i were discussing u/d pullies b/c i told him that its a few extra ponies for like 30-40 bucks on ebay, but he thinks that it will affect the charging on the battery in my car too much....does anyone have any input on this subject, and wut kinda gains are u guys gettin from them??....thx :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I have used U/D pullies on 2 different stangs and never had a negative side effect. They do work and will give you hp. Charging and cooling were not affected in any way. I have read where others have had issues though. Are they Aluminium U/D pullies?

My car has issues with the charging system, however I wouldn't call them "problems." At red lights the lights (interior and headlights) dim. If the car has been sitting for a while, it seems a little sluggish to turn over. Keep in mind that my battery is very old and I need a new one.

If you have a good, semi-new battery, you probably won't have too much of a problem.

Joe

im not talkin bout any particular set, im saying in general, but i just read another thread that kinda answered my questions about these pullies and i dont think its really worth it considering i dont really get past 3000-3500 rpms to often so i wont really see any significant gains...but thanks tho....

stprorolla49 said:
im not talkin bout any particular set, im saying in general, but i just read another thread that kinda answered my questions about these pullies and i dont think its really worth it considering i dont really get past 3000-3500 rpms to often so i wont really see any significant gains...but thanks tho....
A New Jersey driver doesn't go past 3500 RPM?! That's amazing! Can I have your autograph?! :D

I thought it was common place for New Jersey drivers to regularly mash the gas pedal in stop and go traffic, like they don't have any sense about themselves....

Joe

Even after I put in a good optima battery my stangs idle and headlights dipped when sitting still, plus it ran alot warmer. It really bothered me, but since i upgraded to better charging and cooling I don't have any probems now. If you want a nice daily driver and not have to worry about anything I wouldn't put them on.

my stang has charging problems at stoplights and at idle too. you can even see the needle drop. also my car runs a lot hotter, and the heat wont work at idle. it will only pump out heat at like 1500+ rpms. a pain to warm in the morning

^^^

Same as the other guys for me..........my gauge lights dim a little during stoplights but that is it. Car still charges fine. And you do get a good gain from them. I got 10whp from them. Every car reacts differently so you just have to throw them on there to see.

baglock1 said:
I'm running ASP pullies and haven't had any negative side effects. Charging hasn't been an issue at all, even with a nearly 10 year old battery and stock alternater.

I see that most people have no issues, just don't want to risk it. Also does the fact that you have a GTS help that w/ the absense of power wins/locks ect or am I way off ??