U/D pullies or cold air?

• Sponsors (?)

02mingreyGT said:
U/D pullies are alot better than Cold Air wich does little to nothing for the newer modular stang. Just get some Steeda U/D pullies and Timing Adjuster while your at it. You shouldnt be dissapointed

I see in your sig. you have a diablo chip, was it worth the $$? Any noticable gains?

I already removed the air silencer and got a K&N, and I'd like to wait on gears because I'm not sure about future mods. Iguess I'll go with pullies for now, it sounds like cold air doesn't give you much bang for your buck. Thanks guys

I have both. Not really sure of the gains on each because the pullies were added to the car as it was being buttoned back up after the cam-swap.

If you get a CAI later, I would suggest the Steeda or the new Mac that is a copy of the Steeda. The nice thing about the Steeda CAI and a couple others is that they don't have the 90* bend that goes into the fenderwell. That way it doesn't screw with the MAF reading and at the track you can pull the passenger side headlight so that air has a straight shot to the filter.

Well I got the diablo chip soon after i got my car wich was kind of a mistake because i hadnt done many mods yet.. But i did notice a small gain from the advanced timing.. Im glad i have it now tho because i will soon be adding nitrous and gears so i will need the chip anyways

02mingreyGT said:
U/D pullies are alot better than Cold Air wich does little to nothing for the newer modular stang. Just get some Steeda U/D pullies and Timing Adjuster while your at it. You shouldnt be dissapointed

i have a 2004 gt.i was kinda having the same question he had if i get the u/d pullies will i need the timing adjuster or is that like a complement and give me more power. i also see you have a k&n filter charger will that give me the same amount of power as the fipk. are they basically the same??

1low03gt said:
Cold air intake should really be called HOT AIR INTAKE :nonono: . :notnice:

So true. I have the MAC with the 90 degree bend. Even though it looks really nice, that thing gets so hot it will burn the hairs off my arm. Also the issue with 90 degree bend messing up the MAF is also true. The bend disturbes the airflow causing the MAF to think you are getting more air then you really are. What I did was the Darkwolf Mod where you turn the MAF 90 degrees to the passenger side. This will help that issue and not cause you to run rich. It has been dyno proven in the past but might not work for everybody.

I say get the U/D pullies and later on down the road go ahead and get the CAI, but get the straight shot design (Steeda, K&N, MAC). I am changing mine for the straight shot sometime in the near future.