Ultimate Sleeper

• Sponsors (?)

That "Code Red" GT500 is pretty sweet. I don't know if you'd call it a sleeper though. I mean, it's already based on a fast/expensive car. And it's named after Mountain Dew, which everyone know is EXTREME. I prefer my sleepers to look like a hunk of crap, like an LS1 powered Miata.

1,000 HP is the new 500 HP back when modding 5.0's went main stream. Only thing is that you can use 500 on the street. Using 1,000 on the street is another matter. It gets to the point that its just a dyno queen bragging number.

That was a heckuva run! :nice:

A guy on one of my other forums was there, and posted a follow-up:
That was the second night of taping that I was trying to get on. I was an alternate for that night's taping. They were pissed about that guy. They weren't happy at all. He came back to the staging lanes and trying to find out what he ran. He said he only runs 1/8th mile. You can hear him pedaling at the end b/c he ran out of gear.

The next day I was back for taping and he showed up again. Brett was walking up and down the pits while they were picking out cars. Him and I were talking looking at this VW Bus with a 468 Chevy in it. He asked Brett what he thought about his run the night before. I thought Brett was gonna kill him. Brett gave him a pretty good piece of his mind. What's the point in having the contestants 4 seconds off their guess?

:lol: 'Dem's da breaks, Brett!

You can use 1000hp on the street. I know plenty of people doing it.

Kurt

yeah you can use it, but not all of it. Only thing that Code Red did was spin the tires. It breaks the tires loose at 80MPH but what does that accomplish other then, hey I can break the tires loose at 80MPH.

I can rip my car through the RPMs in 1st, 2ed,3ed and feel all the power being used, that car will just break the tires loose and spin through 3 gears. Thats my point yeah it has a lot of power but its just a big spin fest that you dumped tons of money on just to get a dyno number and spin the tires on the street

There are plenty of guys out there street racing with 1000+ hp cars on drag radials. My 600hp Mustang won't get my anywhere here in Atlanta if I was messing around on the streets. Once you get into a big city like this, it is amazing how many recockulously fast cars there are.

Kurt

There are plenty of guys out there street racing with 1000+ hp cars on drag radials. My 600hp Mustang won't get my anywhere here in Atlanta if I was messing around on the streets. Once you get into a big city like this, it is amazing how many recockulously fast cars there are.

Kurt

The street racing that goes on down south is insane... Its cool and all taking it back to the roots... but so many people die every year.