unfortunate news

madmike23

Jan 22, 2011
greensboro, nc
hey everyone,
i recieved some unfortunate news and now i need some advice and quick. i don't think i posted it up on here but i got into an accident in my 94 gt back on july 4th. i hydroplaned off a highway doing 60 and hit a hill sideways. it caused the front end to be pretty crooked and some other damage. i got all the mechanical work done to repair the car and took it to a garage that my girlfriends uncle owns and he called today to tell me that there is rust in a place near the strut towers that is going to prevent him from straightening the car up and having it back to normal. him pulling on the front end to work on it would cause more damage then good. i also own a 2002 v6 mustang and i was thinking about swapping the 302 into that car along with the trans. and the rear end and brakes and computer and suspension. i was wondering if anyone can give me anymore advice on what else i would need to swap to get it all to work or if it would even be worth it. i really dont want to get rid of the 302 and don't have the money to buy a new car right now. any advice would be great. i'm going to put a video showing some of the cosmetic damage caused. please help!!!!!!
before rebuild 2 - YouTube

• Sponsors (?)

Wasn't me. NotA4.6 is the guy who did the swap. If you look at all threads started by him you'll see how it is doing. But, looked like a nice project. I just remember seeing it and found the link for ya.

My junk is running good though.

I would check your inspection laws before dumping money into this swap. Just to be sure.

This is an excellent idea. Here in California that swap is not legal and you would not be able to get the car registered. CA law says you can only swap a car engine that is the same model year or newer into the chassis, and you have to bring over all the emissions parts with the engine. Your laws are likely different (California is really strict), but I'd hate to see you do all that work and then find out you can't register the car.

Yeah, gotta make sure the law in your area will allow such a swap. There's no emissions laws around here so I was golden! Let me know if you decide to do it and need any help.

And it's still running strong! I put 5k miles on it so far and it hasn't skipped a beat.