Unknown connector

Matthewrein

Nov 24, 2019
Texas
I'm currently doing a swap with a 93 5.0. This has been interesting as I have no clue how this engine is run(which wires are which). Does anyone have a picture of the harness that has the connectors labeled? Or if you could just tell me what this goes to.
IMG_20191124_221034.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, you have a 94-95 Engine and Harness.

In you hand is the external harness that goes to everything in the engine bay.

The other side of that connector goes into the car from the passenger firewall to the ECU. Do you have that?

49173345356_470985a077_o.jpg
Untitled by jpjr50, on Flickr

No, all I have is the harness directly from the Ecu to engine bay the only two other harnesses that connect to the main one are for the injectors and starter. Am I missing some?

Car isn't starting with out the other side. Unfortunately for you that other side of that connector you need is in a 94-98 Mustang. You're gonna have to find one at a salvage yard and take it out yourself. Maybe you can find one already removed.

I assume you're also missing the harness inside the passenger fender. That one has the Ignition module and timing spout. It also connects to your missing connector. Also runs to the CCRM module (black box in front of the radiator).

Let me see if I can find pictures.

Go to 8:29 of my video. Do you have this wiring harness for the passenger side fender? Has connections for the A/C, MAF, IAC, CCRM, etc.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FPW6LmAsUc&t=11s

Last edited:
Car isn't starting with out the other side. Unfortunately for you that other side of that connector you need is in a 94-98 Mustang. You're gonna have to find one at a salvage yard and take it out yourself. Maybe you can find one already removed.

I assume you're also missing the harness inside the passenger fender. That one has the Ignition module and timing spout. It also connects to your missing connector. Also runs to the CCRM module (black box in front of the radiator).

Let me see if I can find pictures.

Go to 8:29 of my video. Do you have this wiring harness for the passenger side fender? Has connections for the A/C, MAF, IAC, CCRM, etc.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FPW6LmAsUc&t=11s

Alright I'm really confused lol. I'm gonna tell you what I have. Starting from the Ecu and through the firewall I have all of that. It then splits off three ways, 1(main harness that goes to the ccrm, ign module, alt and the like) 2(big connector that then connects to the injectors, distributior, etc..)
3 (the mystery plug, it's female 2ith about 15 wires going to it) I have the harness that runs to the starter and o2 plugs and oil pressure gauge, which connects to the #2 split off mentioned above. Im looking for where to run power too for the Ecu, sensors, and the ccrm. Would this connector be the one I feed power too?

Not sure if this will help, but either way this will be good info to have. Here is the engine harness layout for a 94-95 mustang, as well as the EEC-IV pinouts and wiring colors. As others have stated, I believe that is the harness that goes to the passenger side fenderwell.

94 95 Engine Bay Diagram.jpg

EEC-Wiring-Diagram.jpg

94-95_5_0_EEC_Wiring_Diagram.gif

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user