Unknown fuel issue. Fuel pump not turning on

95stangmartin

Oct 2, 2018
Kansas
So I’ve been having this trouble with my beautiful SN95 GT 5.0 mustang. When I turn the key the fuel pump doesn’t make any sounds at all. So far I have replaced the fuel pump, and the CCRM. I have tested the voltage and it’s getting low voltage but I think it’s just because it hasn’t started in 3 weeks now and I’ve been constantly trying to start it. Also I checked the button on the inertia switch and it isn’t popped. I’m not sure where else to turn and need some good ideas. I have checked the fuses also.

Attachments

• FE098CB4-38F0-4030-BF2B-EBE46D6F90EB.jpeg
    FE098CB4-38F0-4030-BF2B-EBE46D6F90EB.jpeg
    312.8 KB · Views: 170
  • Sponsors (?)

The SN95 fuel pumps will normally run at extremely low voltages in my experience. Multiple times ive had alternators go bad and you can limp these cars forever without them dying. The fuel pump is one of the last things to go when loosing power. That being said, where did you test for power and which wires did you probe? My first place to look would be the under hood fuse box. Id go ahead and replace the fuel pump relay. Ive seen a lot of vehicles, not just fords act weird when the relay starts to go bad. Just as a quick test you can grab another relay from something non essential to starting like that hazards and stick that in the fuel pump spot to see if it works. Based on what you've said id think its probably a bad fuel pump relay. Another thing to check would be the ground on the ccrm.