Update on 2005 Mustang orderings

Signal_12

The artist formerly known as SN95Mike
Founding Member
Jul 16, 1999
Central FL
This weekend my dealership ran an ad promoting the beginning of factory orderings to the public on ALL models (including convertables) on the '05 Mustang.

One of the managers has already put in his order, as of last week, on a white convertable GT, automatic, with an array of options.

The prices, as far as my dealer goes, will NOT be market up at all.

Price of the new '05 is still undisclosed.

Mike

• Sponsors (?)

66Satellite said:
I thought the verts wouldn't be out til next spring. You can order them a year in advance?

Yes, you can order them that far in advance. And, to answer someone elses question regarding price, May 24th is the day Ford is to announce final options and prices.

And let us know about the other options/prices. Does anyone plan on upgrading to the Shaker 1000, Interior upgrade package, Interior Color Accent Package, and/or the driver and passenger seat side-mounted air bags?

sajawebb said:
And let us know about the other options/prices. Does anyone plan on upgrading to the Shaker 1000, Interior upgrade package, Interior Color Accent Package, and/or the driver and passenger seat side-mounted air bags?

I plan on getting all of the above mentioned options. My insurance company actually offers a discount for the side air bags! :nice:

I have posted a new thread on the optional handling suspension for the GT. Let's see what people think it could be. I have a funny feeling, the dealers won't know squat. They'll probably say, "Remember Knight Rider? Well, the mustang can go up on two wheels to avoid heavy traffic. At a dead stop? Use Turbo Boost!" But, the option is mentioned in the guide...

spectravp said:
I plan on getting all of the above mentioned options. My insurance company actually offers a discount for the side air bags! :nice:

I have posted a new thread on the optional handling suspension for the GT. Let's see what people think it could be. I have a funny feeling, the dealers won't know squat. They'll probably say, "Remember Knight Rider? Well, the mustang can go up on two wheels to avoid heavy traffic. At a dead stop? Use Turbo Boost!" But, the option is mentioned in the guide...

Good point...in fact, most insurance companies will do the same. With all the SUV's on the road, side-impact airbags are a must! At least you've got a fighting chance at survival. There should be a new thread just on dealers. I mean most of these guys want to squeeze you dry. They are NOT your friends and they don't care ANYTHING about you getting a deal of any kind. They don't know what we know about the 05 and you'll be correcting their lies often.

Some FYI, I am a Ford salesperson, and I specialize in Mustang orders and sales.

To a question above, the "interior upgragde package" is available on the '05. My manager ordered this option on his. I will let you all know prices the second I know.

"Mustang" Mike Bresette
Ford Salesman in Central FL

p.s. I can take orders on '05's, if you live local (in FL) I can give a great deal pending you call me 321-794-3393.

blazinsteed said:
did you guys notice on page 3 that the order codes for the 05 kevin showed included painted racing stripes? :D

I don't think those are painted... they are vinyl just like they do to the V6 with the sports package.. would add too much time to the body work with the masking... I hope I am wrong but, I doubt it.

Fastback61 said:
The order guide I downloaded has no picture on page three. I would really like to see what stripes you guys are talking about........vinyl or otherwise.

There were no pictures of it, just a color code chart for them. I still think they will be vinyl... just like they did with the 35 anniversary edition.. when I got mine I told the dealer to peel that cheesy crap off... I doubt they would be painted, but I could be wrong.. time will tell... I would much prefer them painted. If they are, I'd get them; if not, I'll have them painted.