Upgrade to 31 spline? Or just get new 28 spline axles?

gcomfx.com

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2002
Republic, MO
After replacing the master cylinder, we went on a test drive. There was a new noise in the rear of the car. At least one axle bearing is out, the other doesn't sound good either..... AND both back wheels have a nice wobble to them.

Back in the day, a buddy replaced my axle bearings. I remember him showing me where they were pitted. So, I know I new axles are in order. The question is.... just get new 28 spline axles? Or do I go ahead and take the hit to upgrade it all to 31 spline?

D@mnit... I just got my ET Streets mounted yesterday too. Haven't even had a chance to try them. :x

• Sponsors (?)

My buddy owns a transmission/rear end shop. So in a way yes. LOL

Oh, and I wouldn't buy from that site to save $20. Bad, bad experience.

I still have to talk to my buddy about what he recommends. If we go the FMS route, I'll get summit to price match it. So thanks!

Do you recommend this carrier? What axles did you go with?

I had no problems with buyfordracing.

I went with moser axles, motorsport 4.30's, lpw girdle, main cap studs, 03 cobra differential, fresh timken bearings and all new seals and races.

With an auto and a mild stall, I don't see you breaking anything.

I know many people have had no problems with buyfordracing. I have. After being spoken to by the owner like I have been. I'll gladly spend twice the money else where or do without. He will never seen another dime of my hard earned money. Enough of that rant. He's not worth my time.

When you say you don't see me breaking anything. Do you mean now, or after I upgrade? Also where did you find your best deal on the axles?

I know many people have had no problems with buyfordracing. I have. After being spoken to by the owner like I have been. I'll gladly spend twice the money else where or do without. He will never seen another dime of my hard earned money. Enough of that rant. He's not worth my time.

When you say you don't see me breaking anything. Do you mean now, or after I upgrade? Also where did you find your best deal on the axles?

If they spoke to you in a dergatory way, I wouldn't spend another dime there either!

I got my axles, fluid and girdle from www.artsperformanceparts.com It was a package deal.

I meant with your aode, I don't see you breaking anything with upgraded 28spline axles.

Summit beat the buyfordracing price on the diff. $218 - They also beat Mustangs Unlimited on the moser axles - $248.95. I added the wheel studs, a race/bearing kit and a few other wishlist goodies like that fancy 180* t-stat Hissin uses. :D

I just up graded my whole rear end just a few weeks ago. I got the Moser 31 spline axles from Mustnags Unlimited and the Differintial from Summit racing, BFR did have it cheaper but I didnt see that until after I got it from summit. Purpose of the rear end upgrade was so I could run these and not have to worry about stuff breaking as much.

007.jpg

002-3.jpg

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 002-3.jpg
    002-3.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 89