Digital Tuning Upgraded Computer

so I have an 89 with a Paxton novi 1000 (5-7 psi), with all the extra little things like bigger injectors throttle body, electronic MAF sensor etc etc etc. it feels like it is just not doing enough and not running as good as it should. I asked around with mustang ppl about chipping it but they all said the same thing and that it doesn't do much when you just piggyback it off the stock computer. I was thinking of doing a totally new computer designed for my setup. wondering if anyone has any experience with this and or any suggestions (with cost vs value vs power increases)....

cheers.

• Sponsors (?)

Your friends are wrong. Get a good local tuner that can dyno tune you a chip. It will be night and day. However, many people swear by the Quarterhorse- it does take a learning curve and you have to know how to tune it yourself.

Whatever you do, avoid mail order tunes like Bama. Is Joey DaSilva up by you?

Your friends are wrong. Get a good local tuner that can dyno tune you a chip. It will be night and day. However, many people swear by the Quarterhorse- it does take a learning curve and you have to know how to tune it yourself.

Whatever you do, avoid mail order tunes like Bama. Is Joey DaSilva up by you?

I will avoid mail order stuff, that not my style. I lie to talk and figure things out before throwing money at someone/something. I cannot tune myself I am not too much of a mechanic/technician/tuner so I do need a shop. part of the problem of using stock coputer I heard is that over time the computer slowly reverts back to its original programming.
As for dasilva.. no he is in Ontario and I am in Vancouver.

Someone has told you some fibs. LOL
Find a tuner that tunes an SCT "blank" chip while your car is sitting on his dyno. Yes it's plugged into the stock computer, and NO the computer will NOT ever revert back to its original programming.
Been having my cars dynotuned on SCT chips for years always with perfect outcomes. My '88 is currently tuned on one with the Novi 1000. It runs flawless, makes nearly 520 to the tires and pulls like a freight train.
Good Luck

I believe the ones you have talked too have led you to a slight mis-understanding. The main issue with the stock computer is processor speed. But, for what you are doing, the stock ECU with a chip will be fine.

any idea on what kind of gains im going to get? honestly I just want it running as best it can and safely and of course more power would be great. I noticed that its running a little lean as of late when I stomp on it and thus my concerns about computer and chipping.