Upgraded Cyclinder Heads

ClayStang

Dec 9, 2008
I was wondering if it would be a good investment to get my heads ported and polished, and if so does anyone know a good shop to do so. It does matter if i have send them off.

• Sponsors (?)

either way your gonna have to send them off.. if you plan on putting cams in its good to get your heads ported and polished. But if your not doing any power adders.. i think it would be a waste of time and money for the power you would be pickin up.. just my .02

I was wondering if it would be a good investment to get my heads ported and polished, and if so does anyone know a good shop to do so. It does matter if i have send them off.

Most definitely worth the investment. Power adders are cool, but I prefer the old school way with good flowing heads and cams to match. You can't beat that choppy idle with a sick set of heads. With the right machinework, you can safely achieve 266 cfm intake flow with a .600 lift cam with the 3 valve heads. You can make some serious power with that flow! This would net you around 80 to 100 horsepower. This isn't bad for a 9.5 :1 compression engine that can lay down 400 hp. The stock clutch in our cars would be able to handle that kind of power too!:Track: