Upgrading my 347 feedback

robo

Jan 2, 2004
cleveland ohio
Hello all.
I've got a CHP 347 stroker kit in a factory block. I have made 50 or 60 passes in the last 8 or 10 years with it. The engine is in a 91 LX and has gone 11.69@113.
Current engine has a pair of fully ported GT-40 "y" heads, a port matched cobra intake, 38# injectors, 65mm TB, 90mm lightning MAF, SVO shorty headers, 11.5:1 compression, 1.72:1 roller rockers, custom cam motion cam (230 / 236 ,598 lift)
I have an awromotive A1000 pump and associated fuel system.
Car had a C-4 built with all good ATI parts and an ATI 5100 stahl convertor ( I know it was too loose for the car, but got it used from a friend)

I have been collecting parts for an upgrade and I'm getting close.

Here's what I have so far:
-Fully ported and angle milled Trick flow R heads (.208 intake valve) flow 330 or so. I'll check the flow sheet and update with more info.
-ported victor 5.0 intake
-comp cams steel roller rockers
-trick flow stud girdles
-comp cams solid roller lifters
-kooks 1 7/8" long tubes
-cosmetic MLS head gaskets.

Here's what I'm looking to do:

-Buy a Dart SHP block
-use the coast stroker kit I have with the flat top pistons.
-have a more radical cam ground
-upgrade TB to a 75 or 80mm
-new tune on the new engine. Had a local dyno shop burn a chip for the A9L when I originally put it together.
I'll use the same shop again

Some questions I'm mulling over and I'd like some feedback from guys who run more radical NA engines.

-reciprocating assembly is 28oz.
I'd like to spin the engine to around 7000. I'd like to not put a ton of Mallory metal in the crank to get to neutral. Am I asking for problems at 7k with the external balance?

-should I consider using a 55mm cam?

How high can I spin the engine before the A9L can't keep up?

Is an 80mm TB in the cortect size range for the RPM?

Are the 38# injectors big enough?

At what point does someone go to an aftermarket engine management system with a 4150 based intake and TB?

Thanks for any input

• Sponsors (?)