Using A 1998 Mustang Gt As Donor Car For 1967 Mustang Coupe


New Member
Dec 24, 2013
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and hoping someone might be able to help me out with my situation

I've got a 1967 Mustang Coupe that I've had for a couple of years now that I originally had big plans for but has since been moved to the back burner.

Originally it had the 200ci 6cyl with a 3-speed manual and 8"rear. I've taken out the motor and trans and installed a Heidt's Mustang II IFS with power rack, disk brakes, coilovers and all. Currently I do not have a drive train lined up for it.

I also have a 1998 Mustang GT that is in pretty good shape that I'm looking to sell, but then I started debating whether or not it could work as donor car for the 67. I figure it could be a huge time and money saver if I could take all I can from the 98. I know that engine and trans will fit no problem but will require a fair amount of fabrication as far a motor mounts and hooking everything up.

I would like to use as much as possible from the 98 as I don't have a ton of money to throw at this.

Does anyone know any reasons why I wouldn't be able to use the rear end (with new spring perches), master cylinder, radiator, harness, etc.

Any insight would be much appreciated
  • Sponsors(?)

horse sence

That $5 hooker turn out to be a guy
Mod Dude
Nov 29, 1999
Wile Coyote's stunt double
the motor mounts will not be a problem simply use the 67 small block mounts.
you will need the frame mounts and the rubber mounts. you can get everything from any of the big parts dealers ,national parts ,mustangs unlimited ,branda and several more .just make sure they are 67 -70 frame mounts as 65 and 66 are different. i am afraid i cant help with the rest i have never used it. there is also a conversion trans mount
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B SOLD Lagrange, Ga - Ford Mustang Wheels (four) 1994-1998 (4th Gen) Stock Oem Used No Caps - $200 Obo Other Classifieds 0
B Can you use the 1998 mustang spindle's on a fox Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 6
W Engine Oil Change Interval for a car that is not used much ? Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 10
Mustang5L5 Brakes 3-2 port brake conversion using SN95 fitting Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 2
M 08-09 OEM HID Using Stock Harness - Write Up 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech 1
J For Sale Used 2015-2017 MUSTANG Wheel Rim 18x8 Aluminum 5 Spoke Wheels Tires Brakes 0
R Digital Tuning Use wideband controller to.... 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech 6
7991LXnSHO Electrical Battery Quick Disconnect use Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 10
S WTB/Trade WTB Used Edelbrock ProFlo Self learn setup Engine and Power Adder 2
WarHorse66 Can i use roller cam parts in 81 block. 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 3
65Stang86 WTB/Trade Looking for used edelbrock 7121 performer rpm intake manifold Engine and Power Adder 0
pats91 Paint and Body Floor Pan Replacement - Can a SN95/New Edge floorpan be used in a Fox Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 4
93notchback347! What spark plugs do I use with canfield heads and vortech v1 blower Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 3
lxhatch91 WTB/Trade Need B303 use Engine and Power Adder 0
N Electrical Can you use the 4cyl electric fan controller in a 5.0 swap? Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 4
Jason Roberts O2 Simulators put on a 1994 GT 5.0 do they hurt the car or are they useful even though the 94 GT only had 2 O2 sensors and they were before the cats 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech 3
P Fox Has anyone ever used sn95 emission valve solenoids in a foxbody. 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 0
mustang90 For Sale MMD Hood Struts .. used once Interior Exterior Parts 2
K Fox Should I/would you still use single after market gauges? 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 5
S Using maf with megasquirt pnp Digital Self-tuning Forum 7
P What tuning platform are you using? Digital Self-tuning Forum 0
Mstng93SSP SOLD SOLD Used ford 3:73 Gears $50 Drivetrain Parts 0
Mstng93SSP Is there a market for used gears? 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 18
kiddiccarus SOLD (Shipped) Thank You ........ Adjustable Clutch Cable Kit (used for 2 hours) Drivetrain Parts 3
Mstng93SSP Is the foxbody used part market dead? 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 69
Jordan Warta 5.0 using oil 2010 - 2014 Specific Tech 1
Jordan Warta 2011 5.0 using oil 2010 - 2014 Specific Tech 3
M Buying a used Mustang - how do you know what options it has? 2015+ (S550) Mustang -General/Talk 2
R Would You Use This Crank? 2010 - 2014 Specific Tech 3
E Fuel What fuel injectors to use Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 3
voodoo18 1992 LX 5.0 mystery. use to run now doesn't. HELP Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 43
M '05 to '09 V6 Mustang / Explorer Owners Using " X- Charger " kits ( Explorer Express ) 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- 2
Hoytster SOLD MSD Digital-6 Plus Ignition plus MSD Blaster TFI Coil - Used Engine and Power Adder 2
Hoytster For Sale Fluidampr Harmonic Balancer - Stock 302 Balance - Used Engine and Power Adder 1
Hoytster SOLD Ross XL 400 Standard Bore Pistons and Eagle Forged Rods - Used Engine and Power Adder 3
jenrik Anyone still use this? SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 9
Mstng93SSP Has anyone used the tool to hold lifters up for cam change? 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 28
T-BONE93 Drivetrain What C-clip eliminator to use with ssbc brakes Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 1
MrPerfect2 Fox Why did FORD use such lower sized gears in rear IMO 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 29
A Used 13 gt issues 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- 2
from6to8 3 inch CAI ok to use for 351? 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 17
G Has anyone used this header on their I-6 ? 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- 0
J Suspension LOOKING FOR USED M&M COILOVER KITS Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 1
from6to8 Thoughts on using this setup on 351 build 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech 86
FastDriver Dynoing using Data log? Digital Self-tuning Forum 7
Schnelly Would you buy a used GT500 Supercharger? 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- 1
Creomod Can I use these ? 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 0
G Engine Which speed density cam to use? Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 12
M What years can use the same fuse box? 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- 0
T 351 Windsor swapped 92... What manual trans can i use??? 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 18
Similar threads