Using A 1998 Mustang Gt As Donor Car For 1967 Mustang Coupe

100percentCotton

Dec 24, 2013
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and hoping someone might be able to help me out with my situation

I've got a 1967 Mustang Coupe that I've had for a couple of years now that I originally had big plans for but has since been moved to the back burner.

Originally it had the 200ci 6cyl with a 3-speed manual and 8"rear. I've taken out the motor and trans and installed a Heidt's Mustang II IFS with power rack, disk brakes, coilovers and all. Currently I do not have a drive train lined up for it.

I also have a 1998 Mustang GT that is in pretty good shape that I'm looking to sell, but then I started debating whether or not it could work as donor car for the 67. I figure it could be a huge time and money saver if I could take all I can from the 98. I know that engine and trans will fit no problem but will require a fair amount of fabrication as far a motor mounts and hooking everything up.

I would like to use as much as possible from the 98 as I don't have a ton of money to throw at this.

Does anyone know any reasons why I wouldn't be able to use the rear end (with new spring perches), master cylinder, radiator, harness, etc.

Any insight would be much appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

the motor mounts will not be a problem simply use the 67 small block mounts.
you will need the frame mounts and the rubber mounts. you can get everything from any of the big parts dealers ,national parts ,mustangs unlimited ,branda and several more .just make sure they are 67 -70 frame mounts as 65 and 66 are different. i am afraid i cant help with the rest i have never used it. there is also a conversion trans mount