V6 05 BEATS FOX?!

i have a mac O/R H pipe with a dynomax exausht 2.5" , an MSD distributor and blaster coil and i only have 70K on the odometer. I am the second owner and the guy i bought it from bough it brand spanking new. The car never saw snow and wasn't beat on.

I am the original poster of the thread and as i had stated early in the thread these are the mods i have on the car as of now.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah but the 192RWTQ, at 3900rpm, that's sad, especially for an auto in a rather heavy car. Better have a good gear and at least a 3500rpm stallspeed converter or the race will be over from the start.

You might be the baddest figherer the world has ever seen after round 5, but if you get knocked out in round 1 it doesn't even matter.

nothing to worry about, the v6 wont be fast.

even the gts arent nothing to really worry about. stock for stock they outrun a 5 liter. but it doesnt take much to get a fox running good. and all the stock gts i see at the track, with your average guy they run a low 14 with a stick....

I've heard of V6s running high 14s, the average stock 5.0 could barely manage much better. As for the 05+ GTs being nothing to worry about, well, I dont know what planet your on, but they have been proven to run mid 13s with a good driver, and with an even better driver low 13s stock.

My friend has an 05 V6 5spd mustang that's 100% stock, it's always been a good race between his 05 and my 82(with the mods in my sig), somehow my timing was 22* off for about the last 8 months...and he barely beat me starting at about 40mph, Since i fixed the timing (12*BTDC now) i can pass him when we start at 40mph on the highway, i dont pull away hard but enough to get a car length in about 3-4 seconds, starting in 3rd..we are both competent drivers and know how to drive our cars, we both push the cars as hard as possible so it stays pretty consistent, keep in mine i am still on the original 82' motor and stock heads(never been apart), your newer car should take him by a few lengths, starting at a stop will kill that V6 by at least 5-10 car length in 1/4 mile, good luck and go practice your shifting

~Mark~

V6 "stangers" always think they run with the V8's, or even are comparable. They need to be put in thier place. You want to race, why buy a dick cylinder, I mean six cylinder mustang? They have to hear "but it's not a V8" and "oh just a V6" and it frustrates them, them they try to justify. Kind of like a man who cheats on his wife, but then buys here expensive jewerly and thinks it makes him the best husband that ever lived. V6 stanger manages to beat one stock, worn out V8 with a bad driver and suddenly he's adiquite. V6'rs are not true mustangs.

What's worse is the one's who put a lot of money into thier V6, and do manage to make them quite impressive. However you consider all of what they did to get it there, a V8 would have been 10 times as impressive, knowing this, it makes them look beyond stupid.

That 4.0SOHC is a POS engine that is prone to head gasket failure and timing chain failure. It's a 4.0 pushrod that a bunch of european engineers got ahold of and altered.

fIRST OF ALL, you don't know that you car was never beat on man. Foxes are made to be beat on. I baby mine now, but when i first got it i beat the **** outta it. there really fun to beat on until your engine blows like mine did.. lol. good luck racing the v6. i got my money on you.

fIRST OF ALL, you don't know that you car was never beat on man. Foxes are made to be beat on. I baby mine now, but when i first got it i beat the **** outta it. there really fun to beat on until your engine blows like mine did.. lol. good luck racing the v6. i got my money on you.

Ditto that one, Foxes like to be beaten on.

Very true guys! I don't know for sure:shrug: but i really hope it wasn't! I know that you guys do not condone street racing but i couldn't help myself to 200 bucks. So yeah seems as though he couldn't hack it and i am 200 dollars closer to new heads:D . won't go into detail because again i know it isn't something that should be done but i figured everyone would want to know that i beat him by about 3 and a half car lengths!!

My brother sells cars and 5 or so years ago had a 5.0 that ran low 11's. He told me that he was using an 06 5 spd V-6 for a few days that was on the lot, and he said it was alot quicker than he thought it would be. He's thinking about getting 1 cheap and making a sleeper out of it.

My brother sells cars and 5 or so years ago had a 5.0 that ran low 11's. He told me that he was using an 06 5 spd V-6 for a few days that was on the lot, and he said it was alot quicker than he thought it would be. He's thinking about getting 1 cheap and making a sleeper out of it.

Ive seen build ups on em already. With the addition of a Vortex they are running low to mid 13's but have the ability to smoke an 8 cylinder on a road coarse because there lighter.