v6 rebuild

95 stang v6

Oct 11, 2009
Hey i have a 3.8 v6 95 and im getting ready to do a total rebuild. Im looking a high perfromance cast pistons and rings, standerd bore size. im wanting to put a turbo or supercharger on it, Was wanting to know if these pistons would hold up the power of a turbo or supercharger.

Thanks.

instead of throwing money at the 3.8, why not spend the same or possibly even less(if you do it right) & throw a 5.8 in there? then you would have a real motor!
I speak from a little experience, my first stang was a sixxer. It had a rod knocking when I bought it so I rebuilt the motor & kept it stock. after looking at what I spent, I regreted ever even touching the 3.8, I could have swapped it to a 5.0 for alot less & for a few more $$, a 5.8! I never would have sold it if I had done it right.
sorry for the rant but I just wanted to put my .02 out there for your consideration. best of luck with whatever route you choose.

What Pistons, rings? Stock crank and rods? What are the power goals?

Not a lot of detail to go on.

Your plan is to use high performance cast pistons and rings. The parts themselves should hold what power the mfg rates them at.