Value Of A 2000 Mustang Gt

zakarha

Jun 1, 2014
I'm looking at a 2000 GT in performance red with tan leather interior and 77,800 miles it seems to be in great condition but they're asking $6,900 this didnt seem like a terrible price to me until I looked up the book value and in excellent condition the value was around 5,600. The thing is you never see GTs around my area for even close to that price unless they're in very bad condition. I guess my question is should I not worry about the book value and just go with what they're selling for in my area?

• Sponsors (?)

The car looks nice enough but that is still a little high. If it had 30k on the odometer, I might think about that price. I would say the Blue book price would be about right. Offer the guy 5k and see what happens. I might pay 6k but not a penny over.

Good looking car though. Just needs a 5 speed for the added fun factor. :burnout:

That car appears to be in excellent shape, all in all I'd say that's a decent price. I would certainly offer less and play hardball. But, in my neck of the woods (Bay Area) I see clean/low mileage GT's selling for that and more. Sometimes you do have to throw the book value out based on where you live and the relative cost of things there.

There was an optional color called Sunburst Gold. I just Googled 2000 Mustang colors. However, their color sample did not look close to that. Could be the dark shadow they shot those pictures in though. Good looking car but I am not crazy about the color.