Vehicles that have the same injector plug?

rdharper02

like kicking myself in the junk
10 Year Member
May 8, 2006
Anyone know what vehicles might have the same injector plug as the 5.0 fuel injector plugs. I broke a clip off of two plugs today and have a decent junk yard in town. Any advice is welcome.

• Sponsors (?)

A lot of late 80s early 90s fords and linocln/mercurys do. In fact...most would. Town cars, cougars, f150s e150s, mark 8s, continentals, crown vics, and on and on.

Around mid 90s is when the changeover happened tp the current design.

NAPA will have pigtail replacement injector plugs, and other auto parts stores may also have them.

AutoZone and Advance Auto Parts may not carry them.

See https://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/...545_0233686158&An=599001+101989+50026+2026026
Cost is about $7.69

If you are clever, you can remove the plastic shell without damaging it. A jeweler's screwdriver inserted from the injector side can be used to depress the spring tang that holds the wires in place. Then the should slide out of the plastic shell.

Thanks again guys. I'm learning as I go so the site has always been a great help. I stopped by the local pick-and-pull today and actually clipped a couple off of the explorer I yanked my heads from. I also managed to pick up the clip for my hood prop and locate another five lug swap.