Vert Top Stop Adjustment?

sveet

Founding Member
Jun 8, 2002
Snow Belt!
I want to get a boot for my '02 Vert from an older model when they made the nicer semi-hard boots.

My problem is that it looks to me like my top doesn't go down far enough to fit the older style boot.

How do you change the stops so that the top retracts more?

• Sponsors (?)

sveet said:
I want to get a boot for my '02 Vert from an older model when they made the nicer semi-hard boots.

My problem is that it looks to me like my top doesn't go down far enough to fit the older style boot.

How do you change the stops so that the top retracts more?
Yeah....

The boot actually raises up higher than the seat as well. Here is a pic. There are a few more on my car's page, link is in my sig.
406598_3_full.jpg

It just seems that the two areas near the latches won't be down far enough. When I look at the car from the side with no boot on, they seem to stick up into the air higher than the top of the old style boot. They fit under the puffy bubbles on the new boot, but seem like I would need to get them to drop another inch or so to clear the old style boot.

One other question.......does the old style boot seem to mar / scratch the exterior surface of the black metal trim ring around top opening?

sveet said:
It just seems that the two areas near the latches won't be down far enough. When I look at the car from the side with no boot on, they seem to stick up into the air higher than the top of the old style boot. They fit under the puffy bubbles on the new boot, but seem like I would need to get them to drop another inch or so to clear the old style boot.

One other question.......does the old style boot seem to mar / scratch the exterior surface of the black metal trim ring around top opening?

Since the boot is pleather and plastic it doesn't really scratch it but it can leave some marks if your not carefull. I have a 98 and it doesn't have many marks, but it does have some.