Viper Alarm With Keyless Entry

JD1964

there is enough sticking out to grab on to
15 Year Member
Jun 28, 2013
Maryland
I'm putting the following system in my 92 LX which already has factory power door locks.

http://www.viper.com/p-3305v/viper-responder-350-2-way-security-system

I have everything working except for the power door lock/unlock function. The control module on the alarm has a small harness with two designated wires for the door locks. They are listed as follows;

Green (-) Lock, (+) Unlock

Blue (-) Unlock, (+) Lock

I cant figure out where on the cars wiring to connect these wires to make the Lock/Unlock function work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I did the same system a few years ago on my 92. I had to use two or three relays to make the locks function, search around on the internet, it took a little to figure it out. I also used the aux button for the hatch. Works great!

Scott

I eventually got the relay and found time to finish the install. DEI 451 relay was the ticket. The power locks and keyless entry are up and running perfect.

There's another feature of the system I was not aware would be there. When you start the engine, the doors automatically lock. When you turn the engine off, they unlock. I suppose its all based on the Viper's alarm module recognizing the changing ignition switch position. I pleased with it all.