Viper alarm

V6muscle00

Apr 11, 2006
nj
does anyone have a viper alarm or know anything about them? I bought mt car with one installed and its supposed to have an automatic trunk release but when i press the trunk pop button it only opens the trunk. Idk if its that my trunks too heavy from dynamat or if i should be holding down two buttons. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I have a viper alarm, but there's no trunk release on mine. There are all kinds of different models of viper alarms you can get, and no I don't remember which model mine is! Different models have different features, viper doesn't make just one alarm.

trock said:
the "automatic trunk release" is only supposed to pop the trunk. Not completely open it. I wouldn't think so at least.

I still don't understand the problem. You say it opens not "pops", but you claim your decklid may be too heavy from Dynamat? Should be the opposite; a heavy decklid will "pop", and a light one will open wider.

The button will simply activate the latch which will release the trunk.
Whether the trunk "pops" or opens all the way depends on the tension of your deck lid shocks.
Stock, my 2001 and my little sister's 2001 Mustangs just "pop", but my dad's '01 Grand Marquis will open half-way.

Basically, this has nothing to do with the alarm. The alarm is wired to the stock power latch. If the latch releases, everything is normal. The degree of which the decklid opens is dependent on the shocks, and weight.

Hope that helps.

i was under the impression that the pistons would actually lift the trunk all the way as opposed to just opening it a crack (which is what i meant by pop). anyway thanks for the help and ive got no idea which alarm mine is either lol.. i think its just a basic one no invisible fields protecting my car :shrug: o well