Vortech Blower off a Fox

MadHandle8169

Founding Member
May 5, 2002
Brick, NJ
I know a guy that is thinking about selling a Vortech Blower off his fox body for $500 but the Blower needs a rebuild. It comes with all the brackets, lines, and FMU. The problem is I have a 95 GTS so what is involved in making it work for my car. Is it just the bracket? How much would it cost me to convert it to work for my car? I'm not sure which Vortech it is but what is some stuff I should look for when I see the blower to make sure everything is good. I'm kind of a newb when it comes to blowers. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I have been told there are two thing that make it not fit.
1. the throttle body has a curve extention peice.
2. The supercharger will have clearence issues with the hood. The SC sits too hight to close the hood, so I have been told.

MadHandle8169 said:
I know a guy that is thinking about selling a Vortech Blower off his fox body for $500 but the Blower needs a rebuild. It comes with all the brackets, lines, and FMU. The problem is I have a 95 GTS so what is involved in making it work for my car. Is it just the bracket? How much would it cost me to convert it to work for my car? I'm not sure which Vortech it is but what is some stuff I should look for when I see the blower to make sure everything is good. I'm kind of a newb when it comes to blowers. Thanks.
THe rebuild could cost upwards of a grand.

I wouldnt buy it.
RC