Vortech Oil Return Line Leaking :/

Alright so not too long ago I installed a used Vortech V2 supercharger on my 2004 GT. The kit was used but was in good condition and I replaced many things where necessary and so far it has been good. However, while installing the supercharger tapping the oil pan was a huge pain in the ass. I did exactly as the instructions said and used a punch rather than a drill than carefully tapped the hole. Well despite my precautions it still didn't turn out quite perfect and eventually some JB weld was necessary. Well recently I had to replace the oil feed line (leaky fitting) and than just today replaced the return line. But when I was trying to carefully slide the new hose onto the L shaped tube coming from the oil pan I noticed a tiny bit of oil seeping from the connection between the oil return line fitting and the pan.

Basically I am going to need to get a new pan and weld a bung in (do it the right way as it should have been originally) and attach it securely that way. My question is does anyone know where I can find a cheap oil pan for an 04 GT or does any company make such a pan with the bung already welded in? That would save me some time.

• Sponsors (?)

I really dont think you need a new pan. I used to own a vortech and had a very similar problem. When I tapped the pan I ended up tapping it a little crooked so the fitting would sit completely flush against the pan. It leaked a little here and there but nothing seriouse. After getting the car tuned I went back, jacked up the front end and removed the fitting. I then cleaned the surface of the pan really good with rubbing alcohol and lightly scuffed it with some 80 grit sand paper. I then cleaned the fitting. After all that I added some black RTV to the last thread on the fitting and made sure there was plenty to squeeze out on the sides once the fitting was tight, then I added a small beed around the fitting. Done no more leaks. The vortech was on the car for the next two years without a single bit of leakage.

Well that was the case initially. I had an initial leak used some JB weld and it worked perfect no leaks. Actually I found the JB to work better than the RTV but it kind of depends on the case and currently the leak is very minor. However, after attached the new hose it really proved to me how delicate that connection is. I think my whole is slightly crooked too just like yours. I would just feel much better if I had a new oil ban with a proper connection that I could tighten down till its snug with no issues. I guess I just need to find out the price for my peace of mind haha.