Vortech v-3 oil change

1hot87gt

5 Year Member
Mar 17, 2017
New York
Hey guys. Changed the fluid on the Vortech V-3 in my Fox last spring like I do every spring. Drove the car about 200 miles last year. Sad. I know.

My question is, do you think it’s really necessary to change the supercharger fluid this spring with such little use last year? Now I’m not looking to be cheap. Ton of money invested in the car, just don’t want to waste time and another 4oz bottle of supercharger oil if it’s not necessary.

Thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldn’t change it either. Think about it, that oil can sit on the shelf for years and not go bad.

On another note, I wonder if you can use royal purple xpr 20w-50 on a vortech like you can a procharger.

I don’t know but 20w50 is pretty heavy correct? If I’m not mistaken those little bottles of supercharger oil, I vaguely remember them being of a very light consistency.
I can say that if you call procharger and ask for an alternative to their oil they say use the oil I mentioned, and the vortech oil is purple lol.

For the vortech that are fed pressurized oil, I’m sure there are people running 20w-50 as well.

Who knows

Yeah. Me too. I’m in the same boat. A little OCD. Well, so says my wife. Lol. Just ordered another 3 bottles of supercharger oil from Vortech. It’s what I’ve been doing every year and what I’ll keep doing regardless of the mileage. That fluid is expensive but so was the supercharger set up. $50 for 3 bottles for the peace of mind for the next 3 years of knowing it’s running clean fluid is just worth it to me.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah. Me too. I’m in the same boat. A little OCD. Well, so says my wife. Lol. Just ordered another 3 bottles of supercharger oil from Vortech. It’s what I’ve been doing every year and what I’ll keep doing regardless of the mileage. That fluid is expensive but so was the supercharger set up. $50 for 3 bottles for the peace of mind for the next 3 years of knowing it’s running clean fluid is just worth it to me.
take out the fill plug and use a cheap vacuum guage or HF suction pump to suck out all of the fluid from the top without having to drain it from the bottom. Even using the top from an old spray bottle with the long tube attached works.