• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Vortech V2 HELP

  • Thread starter Thread starter BanginStang97GT
  • Start date Start date Nov 8, 2004

BanginStang97GT

Founding Member
Sep 9, 2001
1,025
0
0
Jersey
Nov 8, 2004
#1
  • Nov 8, 2004
  • #1
I'm running a v2 s-trim and I would like to add a blow-off valve. Call it rice or not I like the sound. Back on topic, could I run my MAF that is infront of the blower behind the blower without mechanical problems? I mean my real question is infact I guess is that what differentiates a blow-thru maf from a stock MAF (draw-thru)? The only difference I can see is its location. Thanks. Oh yah 1 more ques. who makes a loud BOV?
 

BanginStang97GT

Founding Member
Sep 9, 2001
1,025
0
0
Jersey
Nov 8, 2004
#2
  • Nov 8, 2004
  • #2
Someone has to know something about this.
 

BanginStang97GT

Founding Member
Sep 9, 2001
1,025
0
0
Jersey
Nov 8, 2004
#3
  • Nov 8, 2004
  • #3
Just give me 1 person to confirm my aligations before I start cutting up the draw trough maf.
 
M

mrpositraction

New Member
Aug 28, 2004
296
0
0
Columbia, MO
Nov 8, 2004
#4
  • Nov 8, 2004
  • #4
I don't know a lot about BOV but I was under the imperssion they were bad for the supercharger (at least twin screw) because of the sudden jolt it puts on the system, I may be wrong, but that is what I thought I have read. Not my cup of tea but more power to you man, whatever spins your beanie
 

340.29m/s

New Member
Sep 22, 2003
213
0
0
Blue Springs, Mo
Nov 8, 2004
#5
  • Nov 8, 2004
  • #5
You can not just take a flow thru maf and put it after the blower. You need a blow thru maf and then you will be set to use a BOV.

A BOV does NOT add a sudden jolt - a BOV (and bypass valve) is in place to STOP the jolt (boost that has no place to go) from happening.

Personally, I would stick with the bypass valve, but do whatever floats yoru boat.

Here is some good info on BOV/Bypass http://twinturbo.net/ttnetfaq/FAQpages/bov.html
 

DBMSTNG

I fantasize about it being BIG!
Founding Member
Apr 23, 2002
2,120
0
56
not quite here
Nov 8, 2004
#6
  • Nov 8, 2004
  • #6
i think someone used the 90mm LMAF with a BOV with mild sucess. i wouldn't advise it tho.
 

BanginStang97GT

Founding Member
Sep 9, 2001
1,025
0
0
Jersey
Nov 8, 2004
#7
  • Nov 8, 2004
  • #7
Ok, do you guys know what the difference between the blow thru and the draw thru is? I will buy a blow thur to make this work so I dont hurt anything. It's just bothering me because the structure of the two is very similar. Do they give out different readings or meter a different way from each other?
 

BanginStang97GT

Founding Member
Sep 9, 2001
1,025
0
0
Jersey
Nov 8, 2004
#8
  • Nov 8, 2004
  • #8
Also am I running enough boost to run a vortech race bypass? I just want something to make noise under the hood. The v2 isn't very talkative over like 1500 rpms lol.
 

BanginStang97GT

Founding Member
Sep 9, 2001
1,025
0
0
Jersey
Nov 9, 2004
#9
  • Nov 9, 2004
  • #9
Thanks to those that posted. Not as much info as I would have hoped but enough to shy me away from doing it. Thanks again.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
180
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
Vortech V3 Si - Bypass Valve to BOV swap issues
  • seanmahoney
  • Jun 26, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
737
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 26, 2025
seanmahoney
T
First Car, what should I do for power??
  • tunedV6
  • Apr 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
382
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 4, 2026
580HP*428Cj
5
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
227
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
J
PCV system help for S/C
  • jay99914
  • Feb 16, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
760
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Sep 26, 2026
AngryH58
A
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?